What is the best treatment option for my under eye wrinkles and crowsfeet? (photo)

I am 35 years old and the wrinkles under my eyes are starting to become noticeable. Currently they are only visible when I smile. I would love to find something that would not only treat but also prevent this from becoming permanent. I don't have wrinkles anywhere else yet. I have heard differing views about Botox on this specific area. I would love to hear my best options from professionals in this field. Thank you in advance!

Treating the under eye area

I'd have to examine you more closely in person, but I would say that a tiny bit of botox under each eye, and carefully placed tear trough filler would likely improve the appearance quite nicely. There are also some nice eye serums and creams that can also provide some benefit - look for vitamin C, retinol, etc. Wear sunglasses & SPF too!

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Wrinkles and botox

Neurotoxins such as Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin are commonly used to treat "dynamic wrinkles"....wrinkles that appear with movement. "Static wrinkles" or wrinkles that are always present  require a different treatment. Sometimes minimally invasive Pelleve can be effective (several treatments), but a more permanent solution  to crow's feet wrinkles is with CO 2 laser resurfacing. To minimize recovery time, a light laser setting over 1-2 sessions can eliminate the wrinkles and also tighten the skin beneath the eyes.

What is the best treatment option for my under eye wrinkles and crowsfeet?

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. I would start with a small amount of Botox to soften your Crow's feet as well as the lines under your eye, then possibly a small amount of a soft filler in your tear troughs. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Combination treatment would be best.

Treatment of the crows feet area with Botox is very satisfying for most patients.  Also a few units carefully placed below the lower lids should soften the smile lines below your eyes.  From what I can see in the photo, you have some early volume loss below the eyes and combining Botox with a small amount of filler would look fabulous. You mentioned prevention which is wise.  Early treatment slows the process before deep creases develop.

Marlin Gill, MD
Decatur Family Physician

Botox for crows feet

Preventative use of botox in this area is very successful.  Injecting a small amount into the lower eye lid and into the crows feet will prevent the lines and soften the existing lines.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Undereye wrinkles and Botox injection

Great question. A small amount of Botox (0.5 - 1 unit) injected into the lower eye lid muscle can reduce the lines that you see with motion. It is an advanced injection technique and I recommend you see an experienced injector for this. It should not be done in someone with a weakened orbiculares oculi muscle. That being said, it can be safely performed in the appropriate patient by the "appropriate" injector. For undereye lines at REST, there are several treatment options including non-ablative and ablative lasers, fillers (Belotero, Restylane) microneedling, energy based skin tightening devices such as Ultherapy and Thermage, certain chemical peels and of course surgery. I always recommend a home skincare regimen which in a young patient like you should include a sunscreen and antioxidant for prevention and a retinol.

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags -- Restylane/Belotero with Cannulas, Fraxel, Laser Resurfacing, Eclipse Micropen, Venus Viva

I suggest seeing an expert who does a combination of treatments.  At a younger age, fillers, lasers, microneedling/PRP all do well to improve this area.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Under Eye Wrinkles and Crow's Feet

Thanks for your question!  Botox is awesome at treating crow's feet!  As for the under eye area, I recommend starting with a medical grade eye cream.  Sunscreen and sunglasses also help prevent future wrinkles from forming.  Lastly, microneedling works well in the under eye area.  Best of luck!

What is the best treatment option for my under eye wrinkles and crowsfeet

Animation wrinkles can be controlled in some areas around the eyes with neurtoxins like Dysport and Botox. Sadly, there is nothing that will work in a permanent fashion to avoid those wrinkles from worsening in time. The aging process will make you lose skin elasticity and there is nothing that can rebuild elastin at the present time

Julio Garcia, MD

Eyelid wrinkles and crows feet

Thank you for your photos! A small amount of Botox can help relax some of the muscles around your eyes to prevent the wrinkles from You may also benefit from an eyelid lift to help reposition your eyelid fat and remove that loose extra skin which is causing the wrinkling everytime your muscles contract. A quick test to see if this may help is to use a finger and sweep your eyelid skin to the side and up to the corner of your eye. If you feel you have a dramatic improvement, you may do well with surgery instead.  For the best treatment options, it is important to visit an expert for an in-person examination. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MDPlastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician