What is the best treatment for little lines around eyes and forehead and some acne scars on cheeks?

went to a board certified plastic surgeon and he said I can get the fraxel laser 4 to 6 treatments for 2,200 dollars but he doesn't do it. He lets his nurse or medical assistants do it. Any thoughts on this?

Best Treatment for Lines and Acne Scars

Thank you for your question. You should consider Botox for the Crow's Feet and eyebrow furrows as they are caused by muscle movement. For acne scars, my preference is for ablative fractional resurfacing. Fraxel is good for fine lines. Nurses and other physician extenders can be extremely experienced in performing some procedures, but the regulations vary by state. I hope this helps!

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Botox, Dysport or Xeomin Best for Wrinkles Around Eyes

Without seeing your pictures, it is hard to determine which treatments would be best for you but I think a combination of therapies would address your concerns the best. The fine lines around your eyes and forehead may be best treated with a toxin like Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin and the scars on your cheeks may be best treated with a fractional laser of some type – non-ablative, ablative, RF fractional, or RF microneedles.

Who does the procedures is based on the office that you are going to and the skill of the providers in that office. If you are comfortable with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon, then they should be the ones doing the procedure.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel and Treatments by Physician

Fraxel is a fabulous laser and can improve the scars with 5 or 6 treatments depending on their depth.  Little lines or wrinkles around the eyes and forehead may best respond to Botox.  I would definitely not have a medical assistant do the treatment.  This laser treatment should be performed by a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Fraxel.

Michele S. Green, MD

Fraxel® Treatment for Fine Lines and Acne Scars

Fraxel® laser is the most effective all-encompassing treatment for superficial lines and acne scars.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Treatment for fine lines and acne scars

Fine lines around the crow's feet are caused by muscle movement-aka smiling so Botox would be the better option. Fraxel is a good option for fine lines but you may need multiple treatments. A combo of fillers and laser resurfacing for acne scars work best.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

An in-person consultation would be the best way to truly determine what you need.  In my practice, I do all of the CO2 laser/ fraxel treatments myself.  Laser resurfacing is great for wrinkles around the eyes and on the forehead as well as some acne scars, but there are also other resurfacing techniques that may be best for your individual conditions.  Get a second opinion if you are not comfortable.  I wish you well!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

I recommend a customized treatment with tumescent anesthesia, subcision laser resurfacing and Fraxel Repair Laser to the scars.

You need a customized treatment to accurately treat the areas of concern without too much or too little.  A combination treatment for the acne scars including tumescent anesthesia, subcisionn, and appropriate laser resurfacing will cover most of the things that you are concerned about in a single treatment.  Good photos and a face to face consultation would be need to confirm the treatment plan. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon