Strange Lump 8wks Post Op TT?! (photos)

Had a TT 8 wks ago and since then I've had a seroma and an infection. Both seem to clearing up after about 4-5 lots of drainage & antibiotics. Now I'm left with this strange shelf like lump that the surgeon tried to drain but nothing came out. What could this be??

Strange Lump 8wks Post Op TT?! (photos)

It would be best to consult with your plastic surgeon.  The area may represent some residual fat that could require liposuction after everything settles down.

Castle Rock Plastic Surgeon

Strange Lump at 8 Weeks Post-Op

Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area and the scrotal and penis area for men can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.

It may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen. It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle.

These can be improved with topical treatments such as BioCorneum, Scar Guard, Scar Fade and Mederma. Redness can be improved with laser treatments and the scars can be kept narrow with products such as Embrace.  On occasion, keloids or hypertrophic scars can develop and will need treatment including Kenalog, 5FU and laser.

While there is always the potential for swelling and lumps to occur during the healing process of any plastic surgery, you should not be afraid to visit your surgeon with all questions and concerns. You can have the area examined at any point to make sure that everything is healing as it should. Good luck.

Tummy Tuck Revision/Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/High Definition Procedures

I would recommend that you contact your surgeon to discuss your concerns at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Lump

Thank you for the question and photo but an examination is really needed so see your surgeon

Dr Corbin 

Frederic H. Corbin, MD