Am I too skinny to get a Brazilian Butt Lift? (photos)

I am 5'7" and weight 140lbs. My average weight is 133 lbs but, I have been gaining weight for this procedure. Am I too thin or should I keep eating until I gain 15 lbs. I'm starting to hate food.

You are not too skinny

You are not too skinny for a BBL; if you allow us to take the fat from your belly, you may want to get a mini tummy tuck to contour your belly as well. Please see example below.

You are a great candidate for BBL!

Hello Plawson and thank you for your question. I think that you would be an excellent candidate for this procedure as long as you are in good health! You do not need to gain anymore weight. Based on your photos, by performing liposuction of the abdomen, flanks, and back, your contour will be greatly improved. The fat that is suctioned can be transferred to your buttock to add "cleavage" to your backside and give you more curves in the places that you want. I do think that depending on your examination, it is possible that you could further benefit from a tummy tuck either at the same time as this procedure or later on to give your waistline the ultimate contour. You should visit a board certified Plastic Surgeon for a consultation and assess your suitability for these procedures, costs, and expected recovery time. I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD

Enough fat for BBL

Hi Plawson,

Thank you for you question and your photos.  It appears that you would be an excellent candidate for a BBL.  In the end, it really depends on what your desired buttock shape and size.  A BBL is as much about liposculpting, as it is about fat transfer.  I've attached a BBL video that goes over the basics.

Don't forget, weight loss after surgery will decrease your overall result.  I recommend staying within 10-15 pounds of your average weight.

Hope that helps.

Dr. B

Brazilian Butt Lift

It appears you are a good candidate for a BBL and have enough donor fat to get a desired result.  I do not think it would be necessary to gain any more weight.

John Burns, MD

Am I too skinny to get a Brazilian Butt Lift?

Thank you for the question and the photographs. While pictures cannot take the place of an in-person examination, it would appear as though you would be a good candidate for a BBL.This will help obtain a curvy/slimmer frame while helping to improve the projection and fullness of the buttocks.If after the procedure however you begin to lose weight, some of the fat that has been transferred will also be lost. I would recommend to consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an in-person examination and a discussion of your goals. Best wishes.

Not at all

I think you have plenty of fat for a transfer and it will help improve your contour and shape. A lot of it just entails shaping what you already have and slimming your lower back and waist. Good luck!

Sergio Alvarez, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Too small for BBL?

You seem to have enough fat for a nice change in contour and possibly some augmentation to your buttock. Gaining weight's just for the procedure may not necessarily translate to persistent results afterwards.

It is imperative that you seek the advice of a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and has extensive experience in buttock augmentation.

I wish you the best.

Dr. Gabbay.

Joubin Gabbay, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift / Liposuction / Fat Grafting / High Definition Procedures

I appreciate your question.

I have done many Brazilian Butt lift procedures and specialize in body contouring. From your photos, you appear to be a very good candidate for BBL. You should get a nice result from liposuction, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz