Is this a sign of balding? (Photo)

This is my hair under direct flash from my phone and also same story under direct bathroom lighting. I can see my scalp. Is that a sign of balding or is that normal? Thank you.

Is this a sign of balding?

Organic Hair Transplantation” is a hair transplantation procedure developed in the Estetik International Laboratories. The “Organic Hair Transplantation” method is a novel development in modern hair transplantation surgery practice which was developed with the efforts of our research and development department. Now; our successful hair transplantation results has evolved to a new era thanks to the “Organic Hair Transplantation” method. We can consider this new method as a revolutionary development.

“Organic Hair Transplantation” is based on injection of a mixture containing adipose derived stem cells obtained from own fat tissue of the patient to the scalp of the patient. The recipient area gets rejuvenated and the viability of transplanted grafts is increased with the effects of adipose derived stem cell injection. The injection of adipose derived stem cells also provides a better work area for the surgeon.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Early thinning/Balding

I would recommend seeing a hair restoration surgeon and having an in person consultation to evaluate your concern.  We do have an office in Las Vegas where I see patients if that is convenient for you.  You would likely be a great candidate for medical management.

Amir Yazdan, MD
Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Spironolactone

I suggest seeing an expert for an evaluation.  This needs a formal check to determine what is the underlying cause and the treatment options.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Concerned about early balding

The only way to determine this is to have a test done with an instrument called HAIRCHECK which will measure directly the hair bulk in different parts of the scalp. We offer this routinely to all of our first consultations. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Losing hair what are the option?

the first thing to do is to find out if this is normal hair loss or there is some thing else. In general, it is normal to lose 80-100 strands a day. If you feel you are losing more than that, you need to see a hair loss specialist for a close up examination. Once you find out if this is abnormal hair loss and the cause for your hair loss then proper care can be recommended. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Is this balding?

mombo191,This is not a high resolution image. Tried blowing it up, but still I cannot see your scalp. Are you referring to the slight maturation in your hair line at the apex  or frontal-temporal junction. At a Norwood III is require before we consider it significant hair loss to consider any hair restoration. How much hair are you losing? Try and collect the total amount of hair you are finding in the shower drain and pillow, count them per 24 hour period for one week. It the numbers average more than 50-100 hair per 24 hr period, you might be. Alternatively, you can schedule a consultation with a hair loss expert in your area.
Sincerely,
Bernardino Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Thin hair solutions

Your hair looks actually good. As there are no pictures of how it looked before I can't really tell you if you are having a thinning hair issue. It is normal that as we grow older the hair starts to thin and our hair line moves back. There are many ways to address this. For example, PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) consists on getting some of your blood and putting it in a machine that will separate the different ingredients that our blood is made of. From those ingredients we take the growth factors and inject them into your scalp. These growth factors will start working in your follicles enhancing your hair and reducing (and even stopping) the rate of your hair loss. If your follicles have not been dormant for too long the hair can regrow.We recommend our patients to do the PRP therapy at least once a year. As any other non-surgical treatments, it is to be continued for life in order to keep having a positive effect on your hair. There are additions they can do to your PRP treatment like Acell.There is also the Low Level Laser Therapy. Low-level laser light therapy provides direct follicle stimulation and thus follicle strengthening and hair growth. This painless, in office procedure, done 2 – 3 times per week for 20 – 40 minutes, has also been shown to improve hair growth after transplantation as well as when performed alone.Check the options we have for Non-Surgical procedures for a better understanding of the options you have.Best of lucks

William Yates, MD
Buffalo Grove Hair Restoration Surgeon