How do I reverse clitoromegaly from steroid use? (Photo)

Hi I'm a 28 year old female and I recently did a cycle of primobolan 1cc a week for 6 weeks. I have horrible side effects when I came off my voice finally sounds somewhat normal after 6 months of being off not the same my clit on the other hand has went down half the size but still huge!! So embarrassing ! Is there anything I can do to reverse it with out surgery??

Cliteromegaly from steroid

Hi... thank you for the question and photo....You might experience a slight reduction in clitoral size but you have to be patience... this coul take a year or more

Clitoromegaly

If your clitoris has not reverted to normal after being off the steroids for six months, then it will probably not go down. You will need surgery to reduce the clitoris. I have done over 30 clitoral reductions, many for steroid use. All patients have continued to have orgasms. Only two state that it is a little harder to orgasm, but they do have orgasms and have no regrets.  Very few surgeons know how to do this procedure safely.

Gary J. Alter, MD

Large clitoris after steroid use

In general, with steroid use it is common for the clitoris to enlarge.   Even after stopping the steroids and ensuring that you do not have elevated hormone levels, unfortunately, this is irreversible in general. 

Surgery may be your best option. However, clitoral reduction is not always profound and can lead to altered sensation.  I highly recommend that you have a consultation with someone experienced in clitoral reduction  and see if you are a candidate.

Orna Fisher, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Anabolic Steroid Induced Clitoromegaly

You might experience a slight reduction in clitoral size, but if it's been six months since you stopped the steroids it might not change much more. Surgery might be your only option.

Marco A. Pelosi III, MD
Jersey City OB/GYN

Clitoromegaly treatment

Although it has been 6 months since androgenic/anabolic steroid use, if you are still noticing even a small decrease in size month to month then I recommend waiting. If not then I would  check your blood work to make sure your hormone profile is back in balance. It is possible that carefully guided topical progesterone cream may induce further atrophy (shrinkage) of the clitoris prior to considering surgery as a last option. Glad to help. 

Ryan Stanton, MD