How can you reduce drainage from a seroma after liposuction?
Doctor Answers 3
Persistent drainage after aggressive liposuction
Thank you for asking about your liposuction drainage.
- It isn't clear what is going on.
- It sounds as though you did not drain until after your flight.
- If you had a seroma, one would expect it to be evident earlier
- You first need an examination - by another plastic surgeon if not your own.
- A seroma would need drainage -
- But it sounds to me as though you may have an infection from the long plane flight.
- So first a diagnosis of the problem - then the treatment!
- Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes, Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD
Post Liposuction Pain/ Swelling -- Start Venus Legacy, Vanquish, Exilis Ultra, Massage, Cellutone/Z Wave
I suggest lymphatic massage and RF treatments. we do this from the first week after the procedure. Compression is essential. Best, Dr. Emer.
Seroma after liposuction
First you need a diagnosis. By your description you
may just be eliminating some of the fluid that accumulates
as swelling after the procedure and not a seroma. This
should be improving daily. I suggest to contact your plastic
surgeon share your concerns and follow his instructions.