What should I take to raise my hemoglobin. After a tummy tuck can I sleep in a regular bed.

Low Hemoglobin

Hello Jennineh, There are different types of anemia and how to treat them, it would be better if you see your primary doctor first in order to find out which supplement or treatment would suit your case. As for the bed, yes you might sleep in a regular bed after an abdominoplasty. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

What should I do to raise my hemoglobin? After a tummy tuck can I sleep in a normal bed?

If you are anemic, you may not be a good candidate for an elective tummy tuck. I would discuss this at length with your operative surgeon beforehand. Usually there is very little blood loss with this procedure. Many patients find that sleeping in a recliner is more comfortable right after a tummy tuck. Again, your operative surgeon can give you his/her guidelines for post-operative care, and what to expect.

Michael F. Bohley, MD