Not sure if I need a mommy makeover or just a lift with augmentation? (Photos)

24 year old mother of 2. Breast fed my son for 2 years and again with my daughter for a year and a half. Of course I put my children before myself resulting in the problem I have now. I have a lot of loose skin, wrinkling of the skin, deflation, and sagging. I'm not sure if I need a mommy makeover because my tummy is pretty nice. Only thing I hate is on my hips and butt I have a lot of stretch marks

Options

You have options available to address the concerns you mentioned.  The lift and augmentation can restore fullness to your breasts.  The tummy tuck will take up excess skin and give you a flatter, contoured abdomen.  Liposuction of the hips and flanks can reshape that area.  The first place to start is with a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  There is much to learn about these procedures and you and your surgeon can develop a surgical plan to help you meet your goals.

Considering a Mommy Makeover in Melbourne, FL.

Thanks for your question about Mommy Makeover procedures and considerations for each procedure.  Most patients who have had any weight changes, pregnancy, or breastfeeding are candidates for abdominoplasty or tummy tuck, as well as breast procedures such as a breast lift.  I would recommend a lengthy discussion with a board-certified plastic surgeon to include all of your thoughts and considerations so that a detailed plan can be outlined.  Ultimately, procedures you decide to pursue will depend on how much each area is bothersome and your own priorities.  I hope this information is helpful to you.  Best of luck!

Amy Ortega, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

If you have good thick skin elasticity in the area and the area is just fat then liposuction should definitely address the problem. You would get a great result with a Breast Lift with Augmentation and liposuction of the abdomen, waist and flanks. See a board certified plastic with an expertise in body contouring in your area for a detailed consultation. They should be able to answer your concerns more specifically. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction #breastlift #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

Thank you for your question.  Based on your submitted photos you appear to be an excellent candidate for a breast lift with augmentation and a tummy tuck procedure.  The choice is always in your hands as to how you wish to proceed.  The best advice would be to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to be further evaluated. At your consultation you will also be able to discuss your goals, learn abut your surgical options and work together to build a surgical plan that best helps you achieve your overall desired look.With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.
  •  Twe

Lane Smith, MD

Lift and augmentation - or tummy tuck too?

Thank you for asking about your breast lift and augmentation - and mommy make-over.
  • I agree with your plan with a breast lift and augmentation -
  • If your tummy does not bother you, don't have a tummy tuck now -
  • The muscles are stretched but the damage is no severe and you can do more later.
  • At your consultation you can discuss what if anything might be done for your hips and buttocks -
  • But with a lot of stretch marks, liposuction might not be a good idea.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. A breast lift would reposition your nipples and reshape your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Mommy makeover choices

• for your breasts you could have a breast lift and augmentation; just a breast lift; (or just an augmentation...although that is not ideal)
  • for your tummy you could have a tummy tuck, do nothing, or potentially have liposuction alone.  
  • All of these choices come with pros and cons and that is why you need to have a surgeon you trust go over those choices with you. In the end you have to make the choice that is best for you.  It is your surgeons job to take the time to help you.
  • Dr Rodger Shortt is a plastic surgeon in Oakville.  He is the Director of the Cosmetic Surgery Training Program and an Assistant Clinical Professor at McMaster University.  He strives to provide the best possible plastic surgery results and excellent care to patients from the GTA including Oakville, Toronto, Mississauga, Georgetown, Milton, Burlington and Hamilton.

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Mommy Makeover

Thank you for the question and after an examination and discussion of goals one could outline the best surgical plan for you.  So see some experts in your area and become informed
Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Mommy Makeover or a Augmentation Mastopexy

The intentional result of a Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) is to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used especially for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis) as a result of aging, weight loss, pregnancy, or breastfeeding. However, many women report more satisfaction if an implant is used at the time of #mastopexy. The implants further shape their breasts, restoring superior fullness or volume which may be decreased over time.
In regards to implants alone, this is usually said to be mistake by patients reflecting back at the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result.A Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. Always talk to a Plastic Surgeon to discuss your issues and concerns. Information that you read online may not apply to your situation. Make sure your surgeon is boarded by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons.

Not sure if I need a mommy makeover or just a lift with augmentation?

Thank you for your question. The answer really depends on your goals and whether you're done having children. If your planning to have more children, then I would wait to have any breast or tummy tuck surgery. Another pregnancy will change her surgical results and and up wanting a revision.A lift in augmentation is a good option for you if you desire more volume. If you're happy with your current breast size, then you could consider just a lift.You are a candidate for a tummy tuck, but you have a very nice tummy. If you're happy with your stomach, then I wouldn't have the surgery. A tummy tuck is a lot of surgery to recover from. For example, the muscle repair requires that you not lift more than 10 pounds for six weeks. This gives the repair time to heal. If you do want to flatten your tummy then you could consider a tummy tuck operation. The incision should be kept low, so that it is hidden by underwear, being to, and day-to-day clothing. The muscle repair portion helps flatten the tummy and narrow the waistline. It's similar to creating an internal corset.