Moderate plus or high profile? 5'5" 120lbs 32A (Photo)

I am SO confused as to which profile implant i should choose! my surgery is in 4 days and i cannot schedule a time to meet with my surgeon because he is on vacation until then. Originally we decided on high profile, under the muscle, silicone 450 CC's.. but now I am reading more into high profile and DO NOT want the coconut upper pole look... I know some girls that have nice outcomes with high profile but some are just very fake looking. my BWD is 13cm. What do you suggest? 400 M+ or 450HP?

Moderate plus or high profile

I get this question very often, and patients agonize over this.  All the major implant manufacturers have given us more choice in the types of implants.  In my opinion it's almost too much choice.  The other responders here have explained it quite well. The high-profile implant has a smaller base width and offers more projection. This works well on women with narrow chest walls.  In actuality however there is not much difference.  If you look very closely at the dimensions that the manufacture publishes for the moderate plus and high-profile implants, you will see that there is  only a difference of about 2 or 3 mm in height and width.  As you can imagine, this results in only a subtle difference in actual appearance.  The bottom line in your case is that with your narrow chest a high-profile would work very well. A moderate plus profile would look only slightly different. I think you would be happy with the former. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation sizing considerations

With a breast width of 13 cm, any implant larger than 300 cc is going to deliver a very augmented, round and 'fake' look. Think carefully about your implant sizing and the 'look' you really want to achieve. This is just my opinion, based on experience with patients that want a 'natural' looking outcome. Your own surgeon will know best based on examination of your breast dimensions.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Best #breast implant profile for a narrow chest

Based on your photos and information, high profile implants are generally a good choice for somebody with a narrow chest. Please note that a 450 mL implant and a woman with a 32 chest Will be larger than a double d in most cases   

This is a very common question everyone has. It is best for you to discuss with your board certified plastic surgeon as he or she has examined you. The difference between moderate plus and high profile is the width and the projection. Moderate plus is a little wider therefore less projection and high profile has more projection. There are also anatomical implants for your consideration so you have a lot to discuss hope this helps.

Himansu Shah, MD

Breast Augmentation and Implant types

Greetings. These are excellent questions.  It would be best to discuss these concerns and questions with your plastic surgeon.  You can always delay until you are able to discuss your concerns.  It is very important that you and your surgeon are communicating so there is no misunderstanding in your goals and expectations and what can be provided realistically.  Good luck!

Ravinder Jarial, DO

Moderate plus or high profile? 5'5" 120lbs 32A

Thank you for the question and pictures. I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.   Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. Given that your surgery is coming up soon, I would suggest that you schedule additional time to spend with your plastic surgeon communicating your goals, preferably prior to the date of surgery. 
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup” or "coconut look" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.

Moderate plus or high profile?

I would talk to the office staff and ask if you can try on the implants your surgeon suggested again before your surgery day. Good luck. Dean Vistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Implant choice

If you are concerned about the implant that you have chosen you should make sure you have time to speak with your surgeon or their staff about your choice of implant. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will want you to be pleased with your results so it may mean postponing your surgery or speaking with his/her staff as appropriate.

I hope this helps

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS