Mastopexy help? (photo)

I'm 19 and was overweight growing up which led to saggy breasts and large areola. My breast are also very far apart. Would a lollipop Mastopexy lift and also correct how far apart they are?

Mastopexy help?

Thank you very much for your question and your photographs.If you undergo a lift alone, you will likely have a good breast shape with an adequate amount of volume.That being said, if you are most interested in upper pole fullness, you would need an implant in addition to the aforementioned surgery.It would be best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine if a lollipop mastopexy lift would give you the result you are looking for.Good luck.

Mastopexy help

I do think that a mastopexy will place your breast higher and lift the nipple and areola. In so doing, the lateral deviation of your breast at present will be improved but you will never have cleavage without a bra on.

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast lift

you can consider a small lift with lollipop scar or an anchor scar that will give you perkier breast, in my opinion you should consul in person a plastic surgeon to define the pros and cons of each technique. Good luck!

Australia Fragoso-Baez, MD

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, you appear to be a good candidate for a mastopexy (breast lift).  This procedure typically raises the breast and nipple position, makes the breasts rounder and perkier, reduces areola size and improves symmetry.  A lollipop scar technique can be used; an anchor scar technique can achieve maximal re-shaping and contouring however.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast Lift

Based upon your photos it seems as though you are a candidate for either a lollipop lift or an anchor lift. Although the lollipop lift has less scarring, the anchor may lift you more. Either type of lift will pull the breasts towards the center. Best wishes.

Best candidates for a lollipop mastopexy or vertical breast lift?

I think a vertical (or lollipop) mastopexy would be an excellent choice for you.  The goals at your age should be maximal upper pole fullness and cleavage and minimizing scaring.  I also recommend Embrace scar therapy as this device has been scientifically proven to improve scare appearance and we use this on almost all of out tummy tucks, brachioplasties and mastopexies.

Mastopexy help?

Your pictures do show that you are an excellent candidate for a breast lift.  Which type of lift and with what scars would depend on an examination with an experienced plastic surgeon.

It seems to me just looking at your pictures that a standard lift with the anchor scars would serve you best.  Adding a scar in the lower crease of your breast as well as the lollipop scars would help pull your breast in a bit so they do not look as far apart.  All breast lift scars fade well are are hidden within bras and bathing suit tops.

Dr Spies

Robert J. Spies, MD
Paradise Valley Plastic Surgeon

Will a mastopexy help

A mastopexy can certainly lift your breasts and bring them a little closer together. There are a number if factors to consider. If you are planning on losing weight I would recommend doing this before any surgery. I recommend you schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can meet with you and review all of your options after examining you. 

Dr. Edwards

Mastopexy help?

The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue for the first 3 to 4 months! 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD