How long after a "Mommy Makeover" can a patient start having sex?

Im traveling to the DR for 10 days and Im more than certain that when I come home with new breast, a butt and a flat stomach my husband is going to want to INSTANTLY attack my new body! How long after surgery should we refrain from sex?

Sex after Mommy Makeover

Hi.  You should follow your plastic surgeon's instruction in regards to post-operative activities and limitations.  For my patients, they are allowed to go back to full activities/exercises/sex 6 weeks after the surgery.  Also, your activity level should be dependent on your comfort level mentally and physically.  After all, each person heals and recovers at different rate. Good luck to you.

these surgeries involve a lot of cutting and therefore sewing. The risks of tearing incisions or causing bleeding after the fact need to be considered and appropriate care taken. We suggest our patients refrain from sex for at least 4 weeks.

Julio Garcia, MD

Thank you for submitting your question.  Discuss post op instructions with your plastic surgeon.   I would wait 6 weeks after surgery to return to full activities. Good Luck and hope for a speedy recovery.

Your plastic surgeon will give you the best answer in your specific case about this and sex. For most of my patients I allow sex to begin at 6 weeks with the woman on top to minimize the risk of trauma. Here are some fo the guidelines I give my patients: Following surgery, you will be walking in a bent-over position to keep tension off the newly tightened skin incision site. Although strenuous activity, and lifting more than ten pounds, must be avoided for 6 weeks, some people can return to work and daily activities as soon as 2 weeks after surgery. Softening of the surgical scars, return of sensation, and loosening of the tight sensation may take several months to a year or more.
Abdominoplasty involves a recovery period of 10 to 14 days longer than most plastic surgical procedures. Initial discomfort and decreased mobility is typical. To decrease this discomfort, we offer a long acting local anesthetic. This numbing injection solution (Exparel) which lasts for 3-4 days allows for an easier recovery and is preferable to older pain pump technology.
3-5 days or more of assistance at home is usually indicated. We can arrange for a nurse to stay with you if helpful.
You will be encouraged to move and walk regularly starting the day of surgery. Wearing your TED stockings at all times, except while washing, to prevent venous clots (deep vein thrombosis) is mandatory.
Light activity is comfortable in 10-20 days. No sports or heavy lifting for 6 weeks or more – please discuss with your doctor for specific questions.

How long after a Mommy Make Over can a patient started having sex?

It is best to refrain from sexual activity for four weeks after the performance of a tummy tuck or breast enhancement surgery. Strenuous activity or exercise can increase the blood flow to these healing areas resulting in postoperative bleeding. Excessive pressure placed on the areas of healing can also precipitate bleeding. Any strenuous activity that puts significant stress on the core can disrupt any underlying in muscle repair for up to six weeks postoperatively. As sexual activity is resumed it is best to be careful and avoid anything that is painful or uncomfortable.

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Sexual activity after breast augmentation/tummy tuck

Thank you for your question. I generally recommend waiting until all the swelling is down before engaging in sexual activity if it was just a breast augmentation. So typically two weeks would be fine. However, I would wait closer to six weeks with a mommy makeover as the abdominal region requires more healing before it can tolerate more strenuous activity.

How soon after a mommy make-over can one have sex

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

I am sorry to warn you that if you risk surgical complications if you have sex on day 10 after a mommy make-over.
Your surgeon is the one to guide you but a general guide is 6 weeks.
I have had patients experience extreme pain, infection and disappointing results from excess activity in the first weeks after surgery.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope this information is helpful. Best wishes.

Intimacy after surgery

I usually advise my breast augmentation patient that they may return to intimacy at around 2 weeks with minimization of manipulating the breasts.  Tummy Tuck patients are usually advised to wait 3-4 weeks.  The most important thing to keep in mind is the incisions and the internal suturing.  Intimacy can take many different forms and you need to use the same advice I give for all postoperative activity:  If it hurts - STOP!  Listen to your body and take care in your recovery.  

Post MM

Contact your surgeons office, they should be able to tell you what their post opterative restrictions are. Good luck, Dean Vistnes. 

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Return to sexual activity after mommy makeover should be determined by your surgeon.

There are different ways to engage in sexual activity in some might be permitted early after a mommy makeover. Nevertheless, this is something you should clear with your surgeon.