Liposuction, Minimally Invasive Arm Lift, or Brachioplasty? (photos)

I had a tummy tuck last year, and absolutely loved the results, so decided to return to my same physician. I requested a brachioplasty, yet she recommended liposuction. Since I am only 27, she does not feel the scar is worth the results. I consulted with a second physician who contrastly recommended a full length brachioplasty. Thus, I am confused. Am I a candidate for liposuction combined with a mini arm lift? A 3rd physician informed me it does not bare good long term results. Please help!

Thank you for the photos and from them alone without an examination you appear to be a good candidate for liposuction

Dr Corbin

Arm Lift vs Arm Liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question and photos.

Judging from your photos alone, you would benefit greatly from, and have great results with arm liposuction alone. You are young and your skin elasticity is more than likely very sound. The liposuction will remove the bulk that bothers you and leave you with a more tone arms.  The full brachioplasty will leave you with scars that I feel at this time can be avoided.

Only a consult in person can fully determine the truest and best course of action.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon when moving forward.

All the best!

Dr. Obeng
Beverly Hills, CA 

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Liposuction or brachioplasty?

Based on your age and your photos, it appears you have good skin tone that should shrink considerably enough for liposuction and give you an acceptable result. It is the least invasive procedure, leaves the smallest scars, and will not preclude doing a brachioplasty if needed in the future. In other words, you won't "burn a bridge". Once you do the brachioplasty, you have committted to a long, permanent scar. 

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Confused after three consult and three different opinions..

From the pictures, you posted, it appears that liposuction would give you excellent results.  You might consider adding something that can improve skin tightening, such as Vaser (ultrasonic energy liposuction), or laser liposuction.  Our office uses Vase and I have been impressed with the skin tightening that occurs compared to traditional liposuction.

you look like you have good skin tone.  You would have a great result with Liposuction in the hands of an experienced practitioner 

Arm surgery

You may be best off just trying some liposuction to begin with, which can give great results with minimal scar. There's always a risk the skin won't shrink back, but given your age it might and then you can avoid a big scar. If the skin is looser after lipo, then it would be worth the scar. It doesn't look like you have enough loose skin to justify a big scar right now. Continue to seek the advice of board certified plastic surgeons. Good luck!

Jeffrey Gusenoff, MD
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Slim Lipo Lipolysis gives a skin tightening

I think that liposuction alone will give you a good result.
I wouldn’t advise a brachioplasty.
Slim lipo lipolysis gives a skin tightening and I think this would be the best option.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring

You would do amazingly well with VASER HI DEF to the arms.  I suggest looking at some of my photos on yelp and considering the options as you have nice skin and fat that can be removed and contoured without surgery.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction, Minimally Invasive Arm Lift, or Brachioplasty?

I think that you will likely notice a dramatic improvement with liposuction alone with the appropriate surgeon.

Beverly Hills, CA

Lipo of the arms

Thank you for your question and photos.  I think that at this point in your life, you should consider liposuction of your arms over a brachioplasty, which would leave you with unsightly scars.  

All the best

Dr. Results
Miami, FL