What can I use to lighten scar under breast? (photo)

Hi I'm about 3 wks out and incision scar is very noticeable at the moment. Any suggestions on what I can use to lighten up the scar? Thank you.

Breast Enhancement Surgery

Silicone cream and aggresive massage is what I suggest, laser therapy may help but the cost may not be worth it as this scar really needs some time to mature

Scars under breasts following breast augmentation

If a patient elects to have an implant placed under the breast there will be a visible scar for at least a period of time. In my office, and many other plastic surgery offices, patients can receive pulse dye laser (V-Beam laser) treatments at no cost to help accelerate the healing and the appearance of any surgical scars. This is included as part of the price of surgery.  Additionally, we have tried silicone sheeting, creams, gels, etc. to help scarring and we have found an ointment we feel is most effective. This is also something we have in our office and make available to patients.

Of course, the long term result is the most important, but plastic surgeons and their staff want to help you with every step of your recovery to make it as comfortable and as fast as possible

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Making breast scars lighter

It's a little early to treat the scar, but if it's still dark after 6 months you might want to try a hydroquinone cream.

Dark Scars

I am a like Kelo-Cote applied twice per day and give it time (60-90 days ) to see affect.

It has worked better for me than other products .

Paul Albear, MD

Scar after Breast Augmentation

• 3 weeks out from your operation is still quite early as far as healing and scars are concerned.
  • You can expect the scar to improve and fade considerably over the next few months. 
  • In the meantime, I have found that having patients massage their scars with a moisturing lotion once or twice a day, for a few minutes at a time, can help soften up  the scar and improve its appearance. 
  • Definitely, continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon so he/she can make sure that everything is healing up appropriately. 
  • Thanks for sharing!

What can I use to lighten scar under breast?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. As you likely know, your incision lines will continue to improve in appearance over the course of the next several months/year. At this point, the use of silicone -based products may be your best bet when it comes to the incision line “care”; ask your plastic surgeon if he/she has any specific recommendations.

BBA

You are VERY early post-op.  It will take a year to see your final scar.  There are things you can use for your scar, but you should sonly use them once your PS OKs it.  Speak with your PS.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

What can I use to lighten scar under breast?Try to understand heal;ing phases by seeing your surgeon IN PERSON. He/she might recommend hydroquinone therapy??

Check with your own surgeon

Scar treatment remedies are a dime a dozen.  The only things shown to work involve either pressure or silicone.

Before doing anything, you need to check with your own surgeon.  Surgeons use different sutures and techniques of closure so the scars may need different treatments. They will know what has worked in their past for their own patients.

Steven Teitelbaum, MD