Lift Questions? (photo)

I am getting a lift, we are starting with a lollipop and if need be, it will end up being an anchor. I really want to go with larger implants. Originally 800ccs, but now that I am doing the lift that I wasn't doing before, I am being told 600 to 650 ccs. I am a larger girl, 5'8" and 220 but only 21% body fat. I am in need of a tummy tuck, but want to get into better shape first, so focusing on my breasts. With that being said is a 650cc implant ok to do with a lift?

Breast lift and implants, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 450ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Lift and implant

Thank you for your question and photo.  From your photo, an anchor incision will likely give you a better shape.  Additionally, placing such large implants under a significant amount of breast tissue may create issues for you in the short term.  The revision rate approaches 15-20% in these types of situations.  Smaller implants tend to have less issues.  

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Lift Questions?

Thanks for your picture and questions.  If you are considering such large breast implants, staging a breast lift and augmentation may be the best route.  A breast lift can be done first (likely an anchor but possibly a lollipop) and then an augmentation 3-6 months later.  I will often combine the two procedures at one stage but usually with smaller implants than you are contemplating.  Make sure you meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your goals.

Naveen Setty, MD

What size of implant with a lift

You will probably need an anchor patterned breast lift. The larger the implant you choose, the more risks you are accepting. This is both based on blood flow and early recurrence of drooping. It is probably best to allow your plastic surgeon to guide you in choosing sizes.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

Thank you for your question. I would recommend that you stage the procedures and do the  lift first and center the breast on the chest wall.  That allows you to size better and place the implant in a better position. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Large implants with a breast lift in a patient with a lot of breast tissue

I think you are asking for a complication, or at the least for unacceptable results.  You have a lot of breast tissue, which means you need an aggressive lift if you want the breast to stay elevated.  This puts you at risk for loss of the nipple and areolae complex.  In my experience, you would be better off avoiding the lift and placing a sub glandular implant (above the muscle) or performing the lift first, then placing a sub muscular implant 3-6 months later.

Breast Lift Questions?

Based on your photograph you most likely will need an anchor lift. I advised that you've be very very cautious about having large breast implants placed during a breast lift especially after having previous breast implant surgery.The breast lift operation interferes with blood supply to the nipple areola and there is risk that very large implants will compress the blood supply and result in nipple areola tissue loss.  Personally I would never do a combination breast lift with implants larger than 350-400 cc at most.Please discuss with your plastic surgeon the risks of nipple areola tissue loss during surgery.