Don't really want a lift, but feel like I have no choice? (Photos)

Since I was 17 years old, I have had stage 2 ptosis, so I have never ever had very perky breasts. I am now 26 and have had 4 kids, and now a stage 3 ptosis. I honestly just want implants for the volume. I understand from a plastic surgeons stand point that my boobs don't look like they should. I know my nipple sits low, but it ALWAYS has been. I have met with several plastic surgeons here in Vegas and all look at me like I'm insane for not wanting to do a lift. Pics of me and what I'd like.

Droopy breasts, doesn't want a lift

Unfortunately for your wishes, the plastic surgery consultations that you have seen are correct. If you  do find someone who is willing to just put it implants you will definitely regret it in a short period of time. If the implants are put in sub glandular, then they will droop very quickly and give you a rock in a sock. If the implants are put in sub muscular they will maintain their normal position while your breast drips down even more looking like a snoopy nose . If you do not want to have a lift, your best option is to do nothing. All patients have to deal with the limits of their anatomy as do their surgeons.  Best of luck to you 

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and lift

Although you may not want a breast lift, your anatomy is such that you will likely need a breast lift. If you are absolutely opposed to the scars of a breast lift, then consider not having any surgery at all (including implants). Implants alone, will likely worsen your breast ptosis.Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Don't really want a lift, but feel like I have no choice?

You are ABSOLUTELY correct. However, you could choose to do nothing. But I  do not  know any reputable Plastic Surgeons that would put implants in your current breasts. You appear to be a candidate for a mastopexy( anchor lift). I would not put implants alone in your breasts- it will look like a "rock in a sock". The current techniques in Plastic Surgery can give you your best looking breasts. Mastopexy is firmly recommended.

Breast lift with augmentation

Thank you for your question.  Based on your submitted photos you appear to be an excellent candidate for a breast lift with implant procedure to produce beautiful overall results.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon  to be further evaluated, discuss your surgical options, address your goals and concerns and then work together to build a surgical plan that you are comfortable with and best helps you achieve your overall desired look.With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Thank you for your question. Report

What's wrong with this answer?

Self-promotional
Conflict of interest
Insufficient information
Duplicate content
Unfriendly attitude Submit Cancel Thanks for your feedback

RealSelf will review this answer to make sure it meets our terms of service.

Learn More You have already reported this answer.

What's wrong with this answer?

Self-promotional
Conflict of interest
Insufficient information
Duplicate content
Unfriendly attitude
Submit Cancel Thanks for your feedback

Learn More You have already reported this answer. Thank you for your question.  Based on your submitted photos you appear to be an excellent candidate for a breast lift with implant procedure to produce beautiful overall results.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Doctor should listen

and if you're truly not wanting a lift, find a surgeon that will do it for you and go for it.  You will have glandular ptosis and your nipples will point downwards but if volume is all you want, you could get by with just an augmentation focused on giving you the upper pole fullness you want.  Yes, it will not look great but if you're okay with that, you should be able to get what you want and not what your doctor wants.

Curtis Wong, MD

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a breast augmentation.

Augmentation Mastopexy

Hello,You would not even look as good as your goal photos because you have more ptosis and are larger breasted to begin with.  Having a proper reduction, lift and augmentation by a ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeon who specializes in breast surgery will leave you with a nice and normal shape, with inconspicuous scars. Implants alone will not leave you looking normal. I'm sure if you keep looking, you'll find someone who'll do that for you.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast Lift with Implants after 4 kids?

Good question.  The frontal view is very convincing to me that without a lift you are only asking for trouble by placing implants.  Your areolae will probably stretch to be wider and point more downward.  You'd be larger but increasingly uncomfortable in clothing or when looking in the mirror.  I think that the consensus your getting from the surgeons is in agreement and is good advice.  You can decrease scar prominence with Embrace Scar Therapy or choose to leave well enough alone .  Best wishes. Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Chosing the best approach to your breasts

I agree with the other doctors that in your case the best approach is a lift and an implant. The implant will recruit some ptotic tissue but not enough to achieve a pleasing result. Highly consider the lift. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS