Leaking silicone? Paranoid!!! (photos)

I've had silicone breast implants for over four years. I've recently noticed ( since about a year ago) a small lump in my chest area, it looked like a blemish in the beginning I squeezed it and pus came out but it kept on filling up again until I left it alone to see if it would disappear. It's been a year since I haven't touched it and it is still there. No pain. Since I've been breast feeding and pumping I'm worried it might be leaking silicone? Am I just paranoid? Please help!

A bump on your skin that has pus

when squeezed and refills is a cyst until proven otherwise.  See you doctor to see if he/she can remove it for you.  The only concerns is the potential for recurrences and what kind of scar you will have from the excision as the site is in a sensitive spot.  You have cohesive gel implants and it doesn't leak into the surrounding tissues.

Intra/sub Dermal cyst

Hello,This is not leaking silicone. Your implants are very young, filled with solid gel, and have a less than 1% chance of actually being rupture.  But if they were, there would not be any extra-capsular leak. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

What's that lump?

Hard to tell from your photo.  My best guess is that it is a sebaceous cyst.  It's very common and not at all associated with your breast implants.  An in person exam by almost any physician will tell you for sure.

Leaking silicone

It looks like a cyst in the skin. The cyst is not related to your implants. These types of cysts may develop anywhere on your body.  If you squeeze them they just tend to get worse. You want to avoid manipulating them because they tend to become infected. They really never go away unless you cut them out.  Best to see a dermatologist or plastic surgeon to look at it and give you options for removal.

George Orloff, MD, FACS
Burbank Plastic Surgeon