Can Juvederm help me to get a bigger upper lip? (Photo)

Since a long time I got my upper lip very thin . I have tried restylan since a long time but did not like the result because First I looked like Donald Duck during the first 3 days and moreover I did not see a change at all . Do you think juverdem will be better and can help me achieve my goal ! Getting my upper lip bigger but still natural without having third Donald Duck effect ?

Lip Filler

Thank you for your photo. With the variety of hyaluronic acid fillers available, there is always the possibility that your lips will be overly swollen for the first 48-72 hours before they settle into their new shape. This is due to your body's natural reaction to having a needle and filler material go under the skin. In my experience, I do find that Restylane tends to have more dramatic swelling than Juvederm. Juvederm can definitely help you achieve a nice full upper lip. You can help minimize post-injection swelling with cool compresses and avoiding any strenuous exercise, alcohol, or salty foods for the first 24hours. For the best treatment options, it is important to visit an expert for an in-person examination. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee MD
Plastic Surgery

Beverly Hills Physician

Lip injections

Thank you for your question. You are an excellent candidate for perioral rejuventation / lip augmentation. There are many different fillers available, as well as many different injection techniques. In someone like you, I feel as though juvederm will give you slightly more lasting "plump" in a nautral-looking way, and help to eliminate some of the lines you have in your lips. Your best bet is to ask to see before and afters from your injector, and to have a conversation about your goals. Best of luck! 

Lip injection with Juvederm

In the hands of an expert injector, lip injections with Juvederm can provide soft, beautiful, natural looking results. I think based on the photo you have provided that you are a good candidate for filler augmentation of your lips. The injector will probably also be able to help with the fine lines around your mouth. 

Juvederm for Lips Using Microcannula

Thank you for sharing your question and photo. You appear to be an excellent candidate for lip augmentation. In my experience, adding a small amount of filler to both upper and lower lips helps to maintain a beautiful lip ratio. I also prefer the microcannula technique, which is significantly less painful and allows and very even distribution of filler. In my practice, I have had excellent results using both Restylane and Juvederm to fill the lips. If you feel Restylane did not work well for you, I recommend consulting with an experienced injector to discuss using Juvederm instead. Best of luck with your treatment!

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Can Juvederm help me to get a bigger upper lip?

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. Juvederm may help you achieve the look you are going for. Meeting with a board certified surgeon or expert injector a treatment plan, using multiple filler in union may help you realize the look you want in a natural way. 
Good luck, please let us know how it goes.

-Dr. Constantino Mendieta

Improving the upper lip with Juvederm

Juvederm filler (contains hyaluronic acid) is a terrific filler for the lips. With any filler in the lips, swelling for 2-3 days is not unusual so you need to plan accordingly. If sufficient filler is injected in the correct tissue plane by a skilled injector (e.g. dermatologist), you should be very pleased with the results.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm Without Donald Duck Look!

Either Restylane or Juvederm should give you the effect you want. With the same lighting and with your face/lips in the same position, take some before and after photos (once the swelling has gone down) so you can see the difference. Sometimes we get used to our new look so fast that we forget a change did occur, even a slight one! For a natural look, at the most, 1 ml should be placed between both the upper and lower lips. If you're getting just the upper lip done, about half of a 1 ml syringe, possibly even less, should be enough. Make sure to ice before and after to help with swelling. For your swelling, you may also want to take some arnica and bromelain supplements for one week before and one week after your injection.

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Lip Augmentation

Thanks for your question. This is a question that we get asked often by our patients. In my professional experience, it is possible to consistently gain better symmetry and overall shape of lips with injection of hyaluronic acid lip fillers as it allows you to completely reverse the results if you do not like them.  While these are temporary (lasting about 6 months) they are quick, simple and have minimal pain or down time. For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with dermal filler and hyaluronic acid cosmetic injections.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

Juvederm for thin lip

Thank you for asking about your Juvederm for your lips.

• One can't tell without a photo that includes your nose - here's why.
  • If your upper lip is short and your lip is thin, Juvederm should give you a nice result.
  • Only .5 cc should be used
  • BUT if your lip is long, filler can never look good - you need a lip lift.
  • This will shorten the long white skin of the upper lip, expose more of the pink and then a little lip filler will look good - if you need it which after a lip lift, you may not.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Juvaderm

Juvaderm will be able to give you a fuller, plumper look of your upper lip. Some swelling the first few days post injection is normal. Head elevation and ice early on can help minimize the swelling. It is important to not have them overfilled to leave you with the over-done look to your upper lip. It is important to have a good balance between the upper and lower lips. Be sure to consult an experienced board certified plastic surgeon to discuss different filler options. But yes, Injected properly, Juvaderm will definitely give you the look you want. Good luck. James Lee

James Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon