Implants and then a lift? (Photo)

I've been talking with my surgeon as well as posting on here, at this point since I am looking for a larger implant in the long run, would it be beneficial to do a large implants subglandular, and then in 3 to 6 months do a lift? I know i need an anchor lift. Or should the lift be done first, then the implant???

Subglandular Implants or Submuscular with Lift?

Hi KPerry89,Thanks for your question and photo. This an extremely common request or question. I certainly would not do this in two operations as this means two recoveries, two anesthesias, two recoveries. It can safely be done by any if not most board certified plastic surgeons. Based on you photos it is hard to tell exactly if a lift is necessary. Sometimes going over the muscle allows the breast tissue especially the nipple to raise and not look so low, but in the long run implants placed above the muscle settle and drop/droop more in my opinion and need a revision a lot sooner that if they are placed under the muscle.So what happens is subglandular placement then revision for complete implant removal with scar removal or capsulectomy. Then implant placement under the muscle with a lift, either donut mastopexy or circuvertical or lollipop, short scar lift.Hope this helps!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS

#BreastAugmentation #BreastLift

Breast lift with implants

Hi and thank you for your questions and pictures.  In my experience, very rarely are 2 separate operations needed.  A breast lift with implants can be safely performed together if done by an experienced surgeon.  I would suggest meeting wih 2 separate board certified surgeons in your area who can discuss in detail your options! 

Augmentation Mastopexy

Hello,Surgeons who perform this procedure in stages are usually not specialists, and have the highest risk of complications on average.  ABPS certified/ ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in all forms of cosmetic surgery do this in one procedure and have much lower than normal complication rates.  You are probably better off having your implants placed in the sub pectoral position as well.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Implants and then a lift?

Thanks for your question and picture.  Performing a breast lift and augmentation at the same time is a safe procedure.  I found that in my patients, staging the procedures is rarely needed.  I would also recommend placing implants in a submuscular position (dual plane) if you are planning on larger implants.  Placing large implants in a subglandular position can lead to many issues as you age.  Make sure you get an in person evaluation with a board certified plastic surgeon to find out your best options.

Naveen Setty, MD

Implants and lifts

Your nipples appear to be above the level of your breast crease so they likely don't need much, if any, of a lift. Putting an implant on top of the muscle detaches the breast from the chest wall which, especially in the case of a large implant, can lead to a rock in a sock deformity. Find a surgeon experienced with extended dual plane technique, get your large implant, wait 4-6 months and then decide if you need/want a lift. Hope this helps, good luck!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Revision question

I'm not sure why there needs to be a staged approach to your surgery or why you want your implants to be sub-glandular. A breast lift and augmentation can be accomplished safely at the same time. Placing implants in the sub-glandular position provides less implant coverage, especially with a larger implant. Discuss your thoughts with your board-certified plastic surgeon,Dr. Edwards

Brast augmentation and lift, staging?

Thank you for your question and photos.  Each Board Certified Plastic Surgeon will have his/her own opinions.  Judging by your photos, it looks like you would be a good candidate for breast augmentation and lift at the same setting.  We do this in our office frequently.  We also usually prefer to do under the muscle.  Best to see a couple of Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in your town.  There are many good Plastic Surgeons in Las Vegas that do this operation all the time.  Together you will come up with an appropriate plan.

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS