Do implants look bigger after they drop? (Photo)

I'm 1 week post op Breast lift with 485cc silicone implants. I am really disappointed that they don't look bigger. I'm very happy with the lift though. I was afraid to go too big everyone telling me that I would look like a "porn star" I'm 5'4, 140 and went from a B to ?

Breast Lift

Thank you for your photos. It is a pleasure to answer your question. You are very early on the recovery process. Your appearance looks great at this stage and will continue to improve as the swelling subsides and the implants continue to settle into their desired position. The recovery process of a breast lift normally takes about 4-6 months to see the final result. I recommend you patience and follow up closely with your surgeon. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Cali Plastic Surgeon

Do implants look bigger after they drop?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support. Hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Drop and Fluff

Yes, they do. Right now your implants are being compressed and held up on the chest wall. Over time, your soft tissues will expand, relax, and allow implant drop.  This will fill the lower poles and enhance projection.

Your implants are large and should provide you with as much or more volume as your wish pic.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Early results of breast enlargement with lift

Thank you for sharing. You look great for one week postop! It is too soon to make any judgments about your breasts- they will change drastically over the next six weeks as the implants drop and settle. Sometimes the hardest part of this whole process is being patient and waiting for the final results. As the implants settle down into position the lower part of your breast will look fuller- more like your wish pic. Congratulations on a beautiful early result. Best wishes, Dr. Meghan Nadeau, Seattle, WA

Meghan Nadeau, MD

Be patient -- they will look great

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on undergoing breast augmentation with lift! It is normal to have worries and concerns initially after any surgery as there is a lot of trust patients put in their surgeons to deliver the results they desire and the moment of truth is after surgery. Many people envision their breasts being much larger after they first unveil them, but once the initial worries of having undergone surgery subside, most patients see that they received what they expected. Considering you are only 1 week out from surgery, it is very common for patients to wish they went bigger during the initial post-operative period.

My advice to you is to hang in there, as your breasts will look even better, but you need to be patient as your implants settle. Looking at your pictures, your implants are still riding high. This is because right now they are squished by the activation of your pectoralis major muscle and tissue swelling due to the inflammatory response after surgery. Once they are in their final position and lower pole of your breasts are not as tight, your breasts will appear even larger and rounder but less swollen up top; usually this process occurs as the pectoralis major muscle relaxes and the implants are no longer squeezed upward and settle into their ideal position. This process usually takes 1-3 months, but can take up to 6 months. Also, make sure to relay your concerns to your plastic surgeon as most value the patient-doctor relationship and want to be first in line to help their patients. If you are not happy with the size once they are fully settled, then you can consider pursuing a revision, but I double you will. Please be patient and hopefully this helps alleviate some of your concerns.

Sean Kelishadi, MD

Breast Implants/Breast Lift Final Results Take Months to See #breastaugmentation #breastlift

• You look great at only one week post-op!
  • Your breast shape will change as the implants settle into place.  You won't see your final results for months!
  • Try to be patient, as you will likely have wonderful results that you will be very happy with. 
  • Thanks for sharing!

Congratulations, you look great!  You got 485cc implants - I would hesitate to go any bigger for your frame; that could lead to problems and deformities down the line.  Not to mention, it would really look unnatural.  You're still very early after surgery.  Give it some time for things to settle down and for you to get accustomed to your new look.  Don't make any final judgment until at least 3-6 months after surgery and confer with your surgeon regarding your concerns.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Thank you for posting your question and photos.  At one week post-op, you have (the expected) swelling, tightness and elevated implants seen so soon after surgery.  With time, the swelling subsides, the tissue relaxes and the implants settle down.  Be sure to follow up with your plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns.  Best wishes. 

Jeanette Padgett, MD, FACS
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with implant augmentation

You are going great following BLI; please see examples below to appreciate how you will be looking once they settle down.

Arian Mowlavi, MD