Is my ideal small bust realistic? DD to small B or A

(I'm 5'3 and currently 145 lbs and 34DD) My ideal is for my breasts to be pretty small but not flat. I don't want to get rid of my breasts entirely, so I would lean more towards a B cup reduction than full FTM-style removal, but I do have a size in mind between the two. However, it's been hard for me to find information/pictures of such a reduction, and mostly I see people go to FTM or to B cup. Is it just uncommon or is there a reason I couldn't/shouldn't go for such a size in between?

Stepwise Reduction

Hello,There is a safe limit to the amount of tissue that can be removed, that is why there is this gap between B and nothing at all. A formal reduction can be performed with maximum removal as a goal, and a secondary reduction can be performed in 6 to 9 months later.Best of luck!

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a consult.

You cannot be too specific about the final size in a breast reduction.  At your request, the surgeon will reduce your breasts to as small a size that is safely possible.  That size may or may not be what you have in mind.  If not, then you have to be prepared to undergo a secondary reduction.  However, In my experience ladies who are so picky about the size of their breasts after a reduction will usually find something to be unhappy with.  Furthermore, cup sizes are somewhat arbitrary and vary from one company to another.  For example, a B cup at Macy's is a C cup at Victoria's Secret.  So the best advice I can give you is to see a board-certified plastic surgeon with a lot of experience in breast reduction who can show you many sample photos, especially ones similar to your situation.  Best of luck.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

Breast reduction

Seek a breast reduction specialist to help you with your reduction needs. This surgery will reduce your breasts and alleviate fictional symptoms of heavy breasts 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. Yes, it is possible to reduce the breasts size very significantly. I think one reason why you may have difficulty finding relevant photographs is that your goals may be smaller than most patients wish to achieve.
The concern with the amount of tissue removed is related to blood flow to the remaining tissue; if too much tissue is removed in one operation the blood flow to the remaining tissue (including nipple/areola) may be compromised. Part of the tissue that is left in place is called the “pedicle"; this segment of tissue is responsible for delivering the blood supply to the nipple/areola tissue. If the pedicle is made too small (in the effort to reduce the breasts as much as possible) then patient will likely have problems with tissue survival. 

My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. This careful selection of plastic surgeon will be the most important decision you make. Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon. Most patients wish to achieve a enough of a reduction to help with their symptoms while remaining proportionate with the remainder of their torso. I suggest that you do not communicate your goals in terms of achieving a specific cup size. For example, a “B cup” may mean different things to different people and therefore may be a source of miscommunication. In my practice, I ask patients to communicate their goals with the help of goal photographs. I hope this, and the attached link/video, helps. Best wishes.