Is it ok to ice my breast implants a month after surgery because they are sore and healing from capsular contraction?

So It's a month after my breast aug and after two and a half weeks I noticed my right breast is extra sore and hard. On my 3 week post op appointment my doctor didn't really examine them he just touched the bottom of them said oh good they are soft and sent me on my way. I made an appointment the week after My doctor felt it and said it is zone 1 capsular contraction. He prescribed two antibiotics, one for two weeks the other for a month. Is it Ok to massage them and is it ok if I ice them?

Question of Capsular Contracture

Antibiotics do not prevent or treat capsular contracture. Implant massage does not prevent or treat capsular contracture. Icing is not effective at doing anything this far out after surgery. If your doctor is unsure, go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in breast surgery.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Ice for capsular contracture

Hello, ice therapy likely will not improve capsular contracture, but it is unlikely to cause harm so it might be worth trying to see if it improves your symptoms.   If your symptoms don't improve it would be best to arrange another proper assessment by your surgeon.