I had a surgery done out of US and I need somebody to look at my body and let me know everything is going fine (Photo)

It was done 2 weeks ago in Colombia but I stay in Vegas and I need a professional opening about my surgery

Doctor Answers 4

Postop care for surgery done abroad

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

One of the significant drawbacks to traveling abroad for surgery is the difficulty of follow-ups.  Most plastic surgeons do not want the liability of handling the after care for another surgeon who they do not know.  I think its very important to have a firm plan for follow-up care in mind and a local surgeon you have confirmed will see you.  If you haven's made plans before your surgery your best bet is call a number of local surgeons and ask if they would be willing to see you.  I often find that the savings in surgical costs by overseas surgery is largely lost in the costs to see local surgeons in follow-up.

New York Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 8 reviews

U.S. follow-up care after plastic surgical care abroad.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Does your surgeon in Columbia know a local doctor to call and refer you to for follow-up care?
You can call the plastic surgeons in your community to see if they will examine you and care for you, if necessary. 
Perhaps the American Society of Plastic Surgeon, through their website, can assist through their referral service.
If necessary, and if you are having problems with your surgery, you can have a large hospital emergency room in your community (Las Vegas?) evaluate you and refer you to the on-call plastic surgeon.
Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 69 reviews

I had a surgery done out of US and I need somebody to look at my body and let me know everything is going fine

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question and photos.  I would recommend starting with an online search for board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  One can go to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons for a listing of qualified surgeons in your area.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

I am sorry you are having probems

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
so you tried to save money by going out of the US and now you are asking stranger surgeons to help you. 
Let's drop the pc answers. Unfortunately you have become a poster child on the problems that can happen. It isn't worth it.
In an effort to help, call boared certified plastic surgeons to find assistance.  Expect to pay. The "aftercare costs of surgery" amount to half of the entire surgeons fee. 
Good luck 

Mark Eberbach, MD
Tampa Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 63 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.