I had lasik about 12 years ago and my vision, near and far, is getting worse. Is there new technology to fix this? 34 years old

I've been to the eye doctor a couple times and they finally figured out a prescription that works. He said the prescription based on the testing isn't accurate for my eyes. I ended up going with a lighter script, so light that Dr's say I don't need it. I don't get it because I can't see street signs until I'm literally at the street. I can't see my computer screen without leaning in really far and yet I test "normal." I have bad glares at night since day one. 

34 year old 12 years after Lasik

Lasik can correct vision that glasses can correct. So if the glasses enable you to see well, then Lasik can help. There may be problems that have nothing to do with Lasik or glasses and that require other help, such as cataracts or glaucoma.

Los Angeles Ophthalmologist

Mild prescription

If your prescription is so mild that your eye doctor says that you don’t need it, then it is possible that your prescription is too mild to correct with the laser.  The benefits of an enhancement may not outweigh the risks of the surgery.  If you have not already, I would recommend that you have a dilated eye exam to ensure you get the entire health of your eyes evaluated.  You may temporarily need to stick with glasses until your vision worsens enough to have an enhancement.

Jay Bansal, MD
San Francisco Ophthalmologist