I have an indented band from my breast up to my scapula that move internally & hurts on one side. What is that?Is it bad?(photo)

On day 6 I noticed that a band/ indentation on my right side from by breast up to my scapula began moving and hurting when I move the breast or my arm in a certain way or even so much as lean forward. It feels as if this particular band up my back and behind my arm is too small. Is something permanently wrong? I am day 9 post op with saline unders, 500cc. I am 5'6" and 145lbs and was given the pain pump.

Dent for the Band?

Hello lesiliv. Thanks for sharing and your photos. It looks like you've marked the are, but in the photo is is hard to see the dent you're concerned about. I suspect this is primarily due to swelling and will likely go away with time and perhaps a little massaging. In my opinion, the bigger the breast implant size, then the bigger the swelling. Please have your surgeon check the area next time you're in the office and make them aware of your concerns. Best wishes, Dr. ALDO.

Best to visit your surgeon

Thank you for the question. It would be difficult to fully assess your situation without an in-person examination. It could be just your body's reaction for post surgical treatment but best to visit a board-certified plastic surgeon and have a full evaluation. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Without seeing you in person, it is impossible to say. It is probably due to swelling, but I think it's always best to err on the side of caution so make an appointment to see your surgeon to discuss. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Thank you for your question and there are many possible causes for this band. So see your surgeon and be evaluated

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Indentions in the breast shortly after surgery.

While it is unlikely that there is something serious going on, I would suggest you get in to see your plastic surgeon as soon as possible - we always tell our patients that it is better to be safe than sorry and we don't want them worrying about things that we can reassure them about.

Too early to assess

You will likely have some asymmetry and dents etc from swelling, dressings/ bras early in healing. Unless you had lipo at the same time this area was not in the surgical field. Be patient and give it time. Best to discuss with your surgeon.