Mole Removal: How is a typical shave done and how long does it take to heal? (Photos)

I recently had a mole removed for biopsy and it left a deep wound 3-4 times the size of the mole!

Does this look like a typical shave for facial mole removal? They said it was going to be a simple "shave" procedure. But this does not look like any of the pictures I've seen online for mole removal. PLEASE give me your expert advice and/or comments? I've been nauseous and cried myself to sleep after I finally took off the bandaid last night and saw this. I feel like it was done maliciously to scar me for life...the area dug out is three times bigger than the mole was...how can this be normal?!

Mole removal

it usually takes abotut 1-2 weeks for a mole removal to heal. But then scar remodeling takes place for a few months. I usually see my patients 3 months after to ensure proper healing. 

The scar is in an area that is very amenable to scar revision treatment with a laser for example. If you are not happy with the appearance of your scar, see your doctor after a few months to ensure complete healing and discuss options for further treatment. 

Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon