I have breast implants for 16 years; what would you recommend as far a lift, what kind?

I'll like to remove this implants but at the same time I lost weight and my breast looks old and saggy, I have a D cup, what would you recommend as far a lift, what kind?

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Tuberous Breasts

Without photos, difficult to comment.  From your description, it sounds like you may be a good candidate for removal and replacement of implants with breast lift.  A breast lift would reposition your nipples and reshape your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance.  Implants will enhance volume.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  Without any photos or an in person exam, it is difficult to determine which procedure is right for you.  From what you have indicated you may be a good candidate for a breast lift with augmentation to produce beautiful overall results.  You may wish to consider scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to be further evaluated, discuss your surgical options, address your goals and work together to create the surgical plan that will best help you achieve the look you desire.

With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Breast lift

Most, but not all, patients with significant weight loss plus removal of breast implants will benefit from a lift. But without photos it's not possible to tell you what kind of a lift you might need. If you have saline implants, the doctor can deflate the implants in the office with a needle. After six weeks you will know what your breasts look like without the implant volume and then it is easier to decide if you need A lift and if so what kind.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Lifting

Photographs would certainly be useful for the determination of which lift would be most useful. If the skin looseness is severe, a full anchor scar lift will be necessary 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Recommended procedure

I would recommend you schedule a visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon who will have the benefit of examining you. It is not uncommon to need some form of a breast lift after 16 years. I wish you well.

Dr. Edwards

Preference for Type of Breast Lift

Candidates for Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) surgery are women who have #saggingbreasts due to past pregnancies, genetics, or aging. Often times the sagging is too great to be treated by implants alone. Women with asymmetric or enlarged nipples or areolae (pigmented areas around nipples) also may be candidates for a breast lift or a modification of a lift. #Asymmetric breast can be adjusted by adding or removing volume.  One side can be tightened more or less than another.

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height. I prefer to  use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

Type of Breast Lift

Thank you for posting here on Real Self. It is really impossible to recommend a particular procedure without seeing pictures and knowing more about you such as what size your breasts were before having implants, what type and size implants you have, how old are you, have you had children since having breast implants, how much weight did you lose?

There are 3 primary breast lifts with some variations depending on the surgeon's techniques - 

Donut Lift, Lollipop Lift, Anchor Lift 

The anchor lift is the more aggressive of the three listed, because there are more incisions involved, which allow for maximum skin tightening. 

Please provide more details so the doctor community can offer a little more guidance. 

Breast lift

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, without photographs and actually examining you, I am unable to give you an appropriate answer. I suggest you return to your original plastic surgeon if he/she is still practicing. Otherwise seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with experience with breast surgery. Good luck!

Eric E. Wegener, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon