I am 300 lbs and 5'3. My problem is my stomach, back, and inner thighs, can I have Lipo done and later tummy tuck and breast?

Liposuction candidates should be at a healthy, stable weight.

Given your height and weight, you have a BMI of 53. A BMI of 30 or higher puts you in the obese category, which makes it dangerous for you to undergo any kind of plastic surgery, from liposuction to a tummy tuck to a breast enhancement procedure. You would be best-served by losing weight either through diet and exercise or bariatric surgery. Once you’re at a healthy, maintainable weight, you can explore your liposuction candidacy in a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. It’s important to note that liposuction isn’t a weight loss procedure, but rather is intended to smooth fatty contours on people who are at a healthy weight.

#Liposuction /#Liposculpture /#Vaser/ #Hi Definition Procedures

I appreciate your question.
For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.
Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Lipo, TT , breasts

Hello. Elective surgery require an optimized patient so that procedures can be performed safely. Liposuction if for contouring not weight reduction. You'll need to lower your BMI to 29 or below with weight loss. See a nutritionist and exercise physiologist for recommendations. 

Liposuction and Weight Loss

Liposuction results are best when used for contouring and shaping. I would suggest further weight loss by changing diet and exercise and then considering a hi definition procedure with or without skin removal if you need.  Best, Dr. Emer

Can I have liposuction if I'm overweight ?

Thanks for presenting a terrific question to The platform. Liposuction can help in certain overweight patients, but, unfortunately not those having a BMI over 50. My recommendation is to focus on aggressive diet and exercise or a gastric bypass procedure. Nothing but personal and spiritual strength on your journey. 

Sean T. Lille, MD

Weight loss

Thank you for the question but your focus should be on weight loss either through Bariatric surgery or strict diet and exercise 
Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

At that height/weight proportion your BMI is over 50. This is considered morbidly obese, meaning the weight is a significant threat to your health. Liposuction is the last thing any surgeon would consider because of the excessive risk it would create for you. Massive liposuction would be about 10# removed, so not even a noticeable amount. Right now you would be well advised to spend your surgical budget on bariatric surgery. To be a candidate for any cosmetic surgery you would need to get your BMI well below 30, which would equate to 165# for a 5'3" individual.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift….

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD