What can i do about my hair? Just turned 21 (Photos)

Started using roagine and ketoconazole 2 months ago cause my hair very noticeably started falling out thinning on the crown and back of head in just a month but i also been having a hyperthyroidism problem last year and high cholesterol also persistent dandruff can i do prp ? Or any type of surgery's if its MPB ? I dont want to lose my hair this young

Hair Restoration Options

Thank you for the question. It is important to consult with a physician to determine what is causing your hair loss. I would first recommend going for a complete blood work up, which would help to eliminate any hair loss factors correlating with what could be a thyroid condition, hormone issues, etc. I would also recommend a Scalp Analysis with scope imaging to help determine the state of the present follicles, scalp condition,  hair shafts, etc..  At this point it is key to maintain the hair you have now and slow down the loss process. I would ultimately recommend PRP and LLLT, which both have lose risk association.   Until there is a better understanding as to why your hair loss was progressing so aggressively.

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride

I suggest seeing an expert there are non invasive options that can be tried to improve the loss. Best, Dr. Emer.

PRP

Platelet Rich Plasma is a great option for thickening hair, although with you being young I recommend seeing a hair loss expert first for a scalp analysis.

John Kahen, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

PRP is a great option for you

Hello. I understand how stressful it is to be loosing hair. Specially being so young. What I can think about whit none to very little side effects is PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma). This procedure consists on getting some of your blood and putting it in a machine that will separate the different ingredients that are in the blood. From those ingredients we take the growth factors and inject them in your scalp. These growth factors will start working in your follicles enhancing your hair and reducing (and even stopping) the rate of your hair loss. If your follicles have not been dormant for too long the hair can regrow. A hair transplant will be the best and fastest option for you to regain your hairline and maybe you can explore financing options for your procedure.  Best of lucks and I hope this answers your concerns and question.

William Yates, MD
Buffalo Grove Hair Restoration Surgeon

You could try PRP with Acell for your hair loss...

Hello alex303319 - Thanks for your question.  We have had varying amounts of luck with PRP injections and PRP microneedling for hair follicle strengthening.  I have noticed lots of hair replacement experts talking about PRP with Acell and the success they are having.  I think this might be something for you to look into.  As long as you are a candidate for PRP usage you could use PRP with Acell.  Good luck, Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon