Does anyone know how to fix my problem? 3 yrs ago I got silicone under muscle, not happy with size, shape, and muscle asymmetry.

My PS did not lower my bottom crease on the left side because he said it would make the nipples unlevel. Either way my left nipple points downward. I am very unhappy with the left implant. It sits high, my nipple points down, it is much less full on the bottom, and smaller. PS told me the only way to fix it would be weaken the muscle by making many cuts in it. Does this sound like an appropriate way to fix my problem or should I go elsewhere?

First question has it always looked this way and if so most likely it is not secondary to a capsular contracture. It is than related to placement of the implant and in that case I would recommend to lower the implant by lowering the fold and attempt to make it symmetrical with your right breast.  If you decide to go subglandular than u will need procedure on both sides if you only lower on left than right breast can be spared. Good luck.

Breast asymmetry after breast augmentation

It can be very difficult to determine the reasons for asymmetry, even with an in-person consultation.  However, from your pictures and what your surgeon told you, it appears that you had some pre-existing asymmetry before your augmentation.  Often, it is best to stay with your original surgeon if you have maintained a good patient-physician relationship.  However, it never hurts to get an in-person second opinion, especially in these more difficult revision cases.  There are many excellent plastic surgeons in Las Vegas, so this should not be too hard to accomplish.

Breast asymmetry after surgery

While it would be helpful to see what your "before" photos looked like, the left implant does look somewhat high. If you are still in contact with your original surgeon, I would pay a visit to them first to express your concerns. It could be the case that the left implant never dropped, or that you have developed a capsular contracture. In any case, this can definitely be addressed by another surgery to release the scar capsule on the left side as well as lower the crease. Discrepancies in the level of the nipple can be addressed with a crescent lift.  

Tracy Kayan, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Revision

A revision of your surgery with conversion to a dual plane pocket where the muscle is no longer covering the lower portion of the implant will allow the implant to drop more normally and give you a much more natural look.

Consider placement of implants on top of the muscle.

You seem to have quite a bit of your own breast tissue. Sub glandular placement of silicone gel implants is certainly a consideration. I guess is that you have a capsular contracture on the left side. I would strongly advise against damaging the perfectly functional pectoralis muscle.

Lower the left implant

You would benefit from revision of the space that the implant sits in.  The fold definitely needs to be lowered so the breasts match.  This is an easy problem to fix, and in practices where there is a specialty in breast implant surgery, it is a common operation.  Since the first plastic surgeon did not understand what should have been done at the original operation, perhaps you should find a different plastic surgeon who knows how to operate on the breast to fix it.

See another surgeon

It looks from your photos, that your left implant could be lowered. The implant does not appear centered under your breast. If your plastic surgeon doesnt see it that way, see another plastic surgeon and maybe get a different opinion.

Stephan Finical, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon