Is this due to my diastasis recti, this weird gap I have above my belly button? (Photo)

I feel so uncomfortable inside my stomach on the inside my stomach always feels warm and pushed in and tight sensation, is my diastasis recti causing this discomfort? I didn't have this problem before three years ago, is this due to the muscles weakening over time from my c section or a hernia maybe??

Is this due to my diastasis recti the weird gap I have above my bellybutton?

From looking at your pictures, you definitely have a rectus diastasis which is separation of the rectus muscles. I do also notice, however, a protrusion on the left side of your abdomen that may possibly be a hernia. I recommend surgical evaluation and surgical repair for both those issues

Tummy tuck and diastasis

Yes, that is what a diastasis looks like in someone with tin skin.  You are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck and repair of the diastasis.  I can't assure that it will improve your discomfort, but there is a good chance it will.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Is this due to my diastasis recti, this weird gap I have above my belly button?

This may be an issue with a hernia and abdominal wall laxity.  Find a tummy tuck expert who performs hundreds each year and has great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Diastasis

Thank you for the photos that do indicate that you have laxity of your abdominal wall.  A full examination though is really needed to determine what that laxity is do to.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Abdominal wall laxity

Dear Gabby28,

It appears that you have some looseness of the abdominal wall.  This can be from diastasis, hernia, or global laxity.  Regardless of which one it is, exercise will not correct the problem.  Repair can be in the form of hernia repair, abdominal wall tightening alone, or a full tummy tuck with muscle repair.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Weird gap due to diastasis

It does appear to be due to the diastasis, which is similar to a hernia.It comes from the muscle splitting apart rather than weakening. Abdominal muscle exercises will not help I am afraid, it will require surgery to repair it.

Julio Garcia, MD

Uncomfortable abdomen

Thank you so much for your question about your tummy.

A diastasis shouldn't cause the symptoms you have. Your photo suggests you have a hernia, maybe around your C-section scar. Ask your regular doctor to refer you to a really good Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or General Surgeon to examined. And don't delay too long - hernias can be serious. 

Here’s hoping you find this helpful. Have a great day!