Would dental bonding help fix the gap in my teeth? (Photo)

I have a gap in my top front teeth that bothers me a lot and some of my teeth are pointy. The biggest problem I think is the fact that my teeth are too small and it makes me not want to smile. I did some research and it showed that dental bonding might help as well as tooth reshaping to fix my pointy teeth. Any suggestions?

Options for pointy teeth #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
Bonding can be used to reshape your teeth and close small spaces.  However, composite bonding is more of a temporary fix. With time, bonding will have to be replaced due to staining and chipping.  The best option for you would be 4-8 porcelain veneers. Consult with an experienced cosmetic dentist to determine your options. Be sure to look at before and after photos when choosing your dentist. This will give you a pretty accurate idea of how your teeth will look. Good luck and I hope this info helps you. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO Area (O'Fallon, IL)
RealSelf100

Aligners or braces

u have retroclined teeth. i feel u have class2 div 2 with excessive curve of spee. best option for u is braces or aligners. first correct your occlusion than go for cosmetic improvement.

Nirav Patel, MDS, PhD
India Dentist

Dental bonding and reshaping can enhance your smile

While dental bonding and enamel reshaping could certainly enhance your smile,  I feel like there are better options to improve your smile.  From the photo I see that your lateral incisors are smaller than average.  These teeth could be repositioned with orthodontics, then Elite porcelain veneers are your best option.  You should meet with a dentist that has an eye for detail to discuss these options so that you can decide what is best for you. 

Mark Edington, DDS
Las Vegas Dentist

Bonding

Hi,

Bonding can help close in small spaces and recontour teeth. It appears that you would be a good candidate for it, but sometimes if the bonding is too large, it can chip and fracture easily.

It is best to schedule an appointment with a cosmetic dentist who can evaluate your bite and determine if bonding is the right choice for you. 

Good luck!

Mufaddal Kapadia, DDS
Westlake Village Dentist