How much does it cost approximately to have a saline implant over muscle deflated? (Photos)

A follow up to my original question for advice on options available, I would like to have my still intact implant deflated, while I decide what to do. What is the price range for having saline implant over muscle deflated?

How Much to Have My Saline Implant Deflated?

Nothing, because it is done in conjunction with planning the size of the re-augmentation or explantation if a patient wants to see how she would look without the implant volume. Sometimes it is difficult to decide the size of a reaugmentation when there is already an implant present. The advantage of having a saline implant in these cases is that it can be deflated in the office ( a simple, painless procedure) and then sizing can be done.

Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Cost of deflating a saline breast implant

Hi, 

I find it hard to believe anyone would charge you for this when it can be easily done in the office utilizing minimal supplies and time. Spontaneous deflation is just one of the many risks/complications associated with breast implants. Breast implants are not life time devices and have proven to be unstable. I typically discourage women from implantation as they often require revision surgery. You seem to have enough ptosis to be a good candidate for a lift without implants. Attached is a short video of what can now be achieved without utilizing implants nor the ugly vertical scar. You are welcome to visit my gallery to find examples of patients with your dimensions. 

Best wishes and kind regards, 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

How much does it cost approximately to have a saline implant over muscle deflated?

It's unlikely that a local board-certified plastic surgeon would charge you to deflate your implants. The procedure is straightforward and any surgeon will be happy to have a consultation to discuss a possible revision surgery. 

No charge for implant deflation

Thank you for your question. In our practice, we do not charge for implant deflation in the office. Takes 5 minutes. At the same time, a consultation can be done to discuss options.

Hope this helps.

- Dr. Bryson Richards (Las Vegas Plastic Surgeon)

I can't imagine anyone charging you for that, it takes 5 minutes and a syringe and needle. Most surgeons are happy to help patients with things of this sort. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Saline implant deflation

This will depend  on your plan. If the deflation of your remaining implant is in preparation for a revision surgery, there is minimal costs. The deflation will allow your breast tissue to hopefully contract to some degree and decrease the chance of needing a breast lift with your revision. I recommend you see a board-certified plastic surgeon to review your choices.

Dr. Edwards

Thank you for the question and pictures.  Cost will likely vary; in our practice, in office depletion procedures typically range from 700-1000 dollars.

Generally speaking, in office deflation of saline breast implants is an option for some patients. For example, if a patient wishes to downsize breast implants and/or undergo breast lifting surgery, it may be in her best interests to have an in office deflation performed; doing so has the advantage of allowing the skin to “bounce back” slowly. Both the patient and her plastic surgeon will be able to determine more accurately, what will be in her best interests with subsequent surgery. Planning of additional surgery, such as breast lifting, may also be and easier and more accurate proceeding in this fashion. 

In office deflation may be a good idea for patients trying to decide whether to undergo breast implant removal altogether or downsizing of breast implants; this will give them a good idea of what their breasts will look like without implants.   For example, patients and their plastic surgeons will be able to accurately evaluate breast appearance and position and determine whether or not breast lifting ( and/or other maneuvers) will be indicated.

Obviously, in office deflation does commit patients to additional surgery (at the very least, breast implant shell removal). Sometimes as breast implants deflate, patients report discomfort as a breast implant edges irritate the surrounding tissues.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Costs to deflate saline implants

are covered by your consultation fee in my practice.  Its simple with minimal risks, and helps patients in distress even themselves out while they figure out what they want to do.  So my consultation fee is $80 and you would have to understand you are voiding the warranty on the side that is intentionally deflated.

Curtis Wong, MD

The Approximate Costs of Breast Implant Revision

The #costs of #BreastAugmentation and #revisions are contingent on several factors. Such as geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees. Also, different breast implants may have different costs. The approximate costs can be found here on the Real Self website, Surgery.org, or PlasticSurgery.org.

Moreover, your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. I suggest you view before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Breast Implant Revision/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon