CoolSculpting in new areas: In the future, what other areas (face, ankles) do you think will get FDA approval? (photo)

I know CoolSculpting is used on bigger areas like the stomach, but I'm wondering what other areas might get FDA approval in the future? It seems like this is a great technology to use all over the body!

CoolSculpting new areas

Thank you for the question,. The photo is very nice as well.  CoolSculpting has an attachment that is appropriate for the area under the chin.  It is not approved for use on the face.  It is FDA approved and has applications throughout the body, (arms, abdomen, legs, etc.).   They are working on this technology all of the time. It would not surprise me if new indications are announced.   Best to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to evaluate what your options, (liposuction, abdominoplasty, face/necklift), might be.

Ankles and Under the Chin

The two major areas of focus that Zeltiq has alluded to in its clinical trials have been the dreaded double chin and the kankles. They recently released their CoolSmooth applicators which treat the outer thighs and they definitely seem very interested in expanding their range. It can be fun to watch new technologies take hold and evolve with demand and modern medicine!

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

New directions for cool sculpting

The biggest one that everyone seems to want is an applicator for the neck.
Also, a reduced treatment time (less than 1 hour) would be a plus.
If cool sculpting introduced a machine that could treat multiple areas at the same time, that would also be helpful.

CoolSculpting in new areas

The company most recently received FDA approval for the outer thighs. According to the company, the neck (under the chin) is the next area under consideration.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting new areas in the future

I would say that it is very likely that an applicator will be developed to use CoolSculpting on the neck (under the chin).  The newest applicator that is available can treat the outer thighs.  I am not sure what other areas may be treatable in the future.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon