Changing out implants? Will there be a difference?

I have 850cc moderate profile implants . I want to change out . My doctor suggested 960 moderate plus profile . Is there going to be a noticeable difference if so is it a cup size or will it stay the same?

The larger the implant

the less the impact there is from a 100 cc difference.  You could simply do this with balloons... fill one with 700 cc's and add 100 cc's more and see how much larger it is.  Very challenging to appreciate.  I would not recommend you do this unless you know your goals (whatever they may be) are achieved.

Honestly at that obscene volume it is hard to really tell you. You must have a saline implant to go that big and if you want to look bigger just choose a high profile implant instead of a moderate plus. None of us who know what we are doing would possible recommend you doing something like this that WILL damage your breast tissue long term. Good luck. 

DrRickAZ

Richard J. Brown, MD

There will be a difference but a very modest one and I seriously doubt it will change your bra size. If you start out with 300cc implants and add 100cc it is significant. The bigger your starting point the less difference will be achieved by 100cc. If you can visualize this...it would be like adding 3 ounces spread out over the entire preexisting 3-dimensional structure. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Changing implant size

In general there will be a change with a larger implant but we certainly cannot promise a cup or bra size as a result because of the lack of conformity between bra manufacturers. This is an important question to discuss with your board-certified plastic surgeon who has had the advantage of examining you and reviewing your history.

I hope this helps

Dr. Edwards

Thank you for the question. Yes, you will see a difference with the planned operation; the important question is whether it will be the outcome that you are trying to achieve?   Sometimes, during these types of  revisonary breast operations, adjustment of the breast implant capsules are necessary to achieve the patient's goals.

Ultimately, careful selection of your plastic surgeon and careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. 

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "up a cup size” or "noticeable difference" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. 

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to larger breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.