Bulbous tip and asymmetry (Photo)

The tip of my nose has been growing over the years. I've developed a bulbous tipped nose. This past year, especially, one side is grew bigger much faster than the other. I've been meaning to see a dr. for some time but won't put it off anymore. Before I do, I'm looking for some opinions on what's causing the growth, procedures (non surgical and/or surgical), costs, and healing time. Any advise is appreciated.

RHINOPLASTY CANDIDATE

Dear lakerzfan, The growth is caused by the positioning of your cartilages and will need addressing with rhinoplasty surgery. There are no non-surgical options for refining your bulbous tip. I would suggest seeking consultation with some experts in the field of rhinoplasty and after an intra nasal examination the surgeon can fully discuss the techniques that will be used to address your concerns. During your consultation your surgeon can perform digital imaging to show you the proposed surgical results and then review before and after photographs of similar noses to ensure the surgeon performs natural looking rhinoplasty results. See some examples in the link below and video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty consult

Your lower lateral cartilages are cephalically oriented causing your tip to appear that way.  Thats medical jargon for that there is a real anatomic reason for your nasal appearance and it can be made better.  I recommend a consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to answer all of your questions.
All of the best!

Babar Sultan, MD
Towson Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous tip and asymmetry

Many times the nose will develop with an asymmetry, whether it is crooked, has contour irregularities, or simply looks uneven.  You are a candidate for rhinoplasty, which will create a more symmetric, aesthetically-pleasing nose.  Consult with a Board-Certified plastic surgeon who will thoroughly examine your nose, create a simulation showing you what your nose could look like after surgery, and develop a plan tailored to your exact wishes and needs.