Should I get a breast augmentation with implants only or with a lift and implants? (photos)

My goal is to have perkier more full breasts. I want implants in size 425 to 450 saline, or silicone. I went to 3 different doctors. First one said I need benelli lift on both breasts areola with my implant. Second one said I had stage 1 drooping so I can get away with implants or since my right areola is a little down I would benefit from crescent lift on my right side only. 3rd dr said I don't need any lift that the implants would be fine and that he can do an internal lift complimentary.

Breast Lift/ Implants

Thank you for your question. An exam is necessary to determine specifics but it does appear that you would benefit most from a vertical or anchor breast lift to reposition areolas and reduce excess skin. I don't feel that implants alone or a crescent lift will give you satisfying, long term results.  I recommend that you speak openly about your expectations with your chosen Plastic Surgeon so that you can ensure you are on the same page. Be sure to select a board certified Plastic Surgeon.
All the best

Perky breasts

if you want overly breasts, you definitely need a lift.  The crescent lift will not lift you enough.  You need either a full lift with implants or a lollipop lift.  Unfortunately many surgeons don't like performing lifts with implants because it can be a tricky procedure.  If you go on more consults you will eventually find a surgeon experienced with breast lifts.  If you don't get a lift, your breasts will not be right.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Your desire for perky

necessitates a lift of some kind... but if you can handle larger versions of what you have with more upper pole fullness, then you could just have the augmentation alone.  This is based on your photos and the assumption you want upper pole fullness so your fold should not be lowered in any way or form.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast augmentation alone or augmentation plus uplift?

Thanks for your photos.  I use Benelli lifts a lot but don't consider you a suitable candidate for that procedure, and definitely not a candidate for a crescent lift or implants alone.  A vertical or small (horizontal incision) anchor lift will allow for repositioning of your nipples and noticeable lifting of your breasts.  I would not place implants without a lift if you were my patient!Good luck and best wishes, Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Should I get a breast augmentation with implants only or with a lift and implants?

The decision whether to have a lift requires careful in person examination and measurements. However, based on your photographs it appears that you would benefit from adding a lift to an augmentation surgery. I do not think that a Benelli or a crescent lift would achieve your goals. I anticipate that you would benefit from a full breast lift using an anchor incision. This could be performed during a single operation were separated into two procedures. Whether this is done during one or two operations depends on the comfort level of your surgeon.

Thank you for your question and photos. A good side view photo would've been helpful. First of all, the degree of breast ptosis or sagging is well defined. Your nipple on the smaller breast is more than 2 cm below your crease and on the larger breast sits at the bottom of the breast. So, you have stage 2 and 3 drooping. Benelli or crescent lifts will not fix these with or without an implant. Those minimal lifts are to re-position the nipple/areola only, will not lift breast tissue. The internal lift might not lift your lose skin either. I hope these surgeons showed you lots of photos of previous patients like your case and you liked the results. Go with the surgeon who showed you a good result and have good rapport with. My personal approach would be a vertical lift with an augmentation using an implant which matches your soft tissue dimensions. Otherwise, see a board certified plastic surgeon with lots of experience in all kinds of breast surgery for an in person consultation/evaluation. Good luck.

Breast augmentation with implants only or with a lift and implants

Thank you for your questions. Before you make your decision on procedure(s) size and shape of implants I would suggest that you meet with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon again and go over your concerns and what you hope to accomplish.  Your surgeon should be able to explain to you why they are recommending the size and procedure they are according to your current breast tissue, measurements including your chest width and your desired outcome. From your photos your nipple/areola is large and low so usually a full lift is necessary to achieve the desired look, either a vertical (lollipop) or anchor pattern lift would work best as the Benelli or crescent is not enough of a lift in your case. The lift with implants will give you a more youthful and fuller shape. Your Surgeon should be able to advise you thoroughly on your options. We have all our Breast Surgery patients not only utilize our 3D imaging so they can get a real visual on what the implants will look like on them but also to actually try on the different size implants with a tight bra and t-shirt to see what they might expect. That way they have a good visual of what a 450cc implant will do as opposed to a 350cc implant for example. You want to make sure that you see a surgeon that will listen to you and your goals for the procedure and discuss in detail their recommendation for size and shape not only taking into consideration your desired outcome but also your breast measurements before the procedure including your chest dimensions. And then let you try the implants that they feel will give you the desired result so you are in agreement with the size. Most important is to pick a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon - Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. It can be hard and confusing for consumers when a physician may tell you they are Board Certified. Make sure it is Board Certified in Plastic Surgery as many Physicians are certified but it is in another area such as Dermatology, Gynecology, ENT, or some other specialty that does not have the years of training and Certification in Plastic Surgery required to be a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Rather than finding a non-certified surgeon that may give you better pricing it can be helpful to find a newer Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that has years of experience in training and surgery-required to become Board Certified in Plastic Surgery but is newer in practice. They have the latest up to date training and highest standards as currently set by the newest technology and are able to pass on to the consumer much better pricing for Breast Augmentation. The manufacturers of the breast implants encourage and assist the newer Certified Plastic Surgeons by giving them special pricing on implants which most will pass on to you, the consumer. Check for special pricing here on RealSelf and make sure the surgeon is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and you may find the perfect Plastic Surgeon for you who is able to work with your budget without cutting corners!
* The above commentary is not personal medical advice, and is intended for general education on the internet.

Should I get a breast augmentation with implants only or with a lift and implants

I think you have more than grade 1 sagging , especially on the left side. You have a grade 2 on the right and 3 almost 4 on the left. I think a breast lift to include a vertical as well as a peri-areolar incision will position your breast higher. Anything less than that will leave you larger, possibly your nipple pointing more forward bt the new breast mound will be exactly where it is now.

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast ptosis and hypotrophy

If you are looking for perfection, you will need a breast lift using a vertical mastopexy and implant augmentation; these surgeries are done at the same time. Please note that a crescent lift is a poor lift and associated with scarring and distortion of your areola; the internal lift is a gimmick and does not provide you a stable lift. Please see examples below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Without level side views we cannot be sure, but it does appear that a lift would be required to get a nice look. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD