Is it possible to have BBL done during a Tummy Tuck? (photos)

Last year I was considering BBL and became pregnant. I experienced a pregnancy loss due to degenerating fibroids which grew to the size of 10-11cm (3 of them) which surrounded my fetus killing it. My stomach is currently still protruded and I look 6 months pregnant. I am also considering a myomectomy. If after having a myomectomy will it be possible to have a tummy tuck but also have the lipo Donte with contouring and then move all the fat to my butt? If not what's the best route?

Is it possible to have BBL done during a Tummy Tuck?

Thank you for your question and I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your child. I would focus on taking care of yourself healthwise before considering tummy tuck/BBL surgery. Give yourself time to heal and after that you can consider tummy tuck and BBL. I personally do not perform these two operations together. In my office, I would offer a similar patient a BBL followed by a tummy tuck performed 3-6 months later. These two procedures are commonly performed at the same time however, and depends on the comfort level of your surgeon. Good luck with your upcoming procedures.

Multiple Procedures

Hello, thanks for providing your pictures and for posting your inquiry. I am sorry to hear that you lost your baby. I think you are on the right path, it is better to have your fibroids treated and then consider to have a tummy tuck and a BBL, which can be performed together in order to save time and money. These combination is performed quite often in my practice. Recovery gets more difficult but not impossible. You would need to lay down in your sides and on your back using a doughnut shaped pillow, in order to avoid putting pressure on your buttocks. 

Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck & BBL

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist. First, I am extremely sorry & saddened about the loss of your baby.  I think the best strategy for your tummy is to have your fibroids treated; it sounds like they are occupying space/volume and causing your tummy to protrude.  We would need to see what your tummy does after removal of the fibroids.Best of Luck!  Please reach out if you have any further questions or concerns. Matthew J. Nykiel, MD
#TopREALSELFDoctor
#CoreREALSELFDoctor
Butt Augmentation Specialist

BBL with tummy tuck

Great question!  Yes you can absolutely have a BBL performed at the same time as a tummy tuck.  It is a very common procedure and one I perform frequently.  The great thing is that you are having multiple procedures performed at the same time with only one recovery and one anesthesia and operating time.  The tummy tuck along with muscle tightening will help to flatten the stomach area.  Liposuction can be aggressively performed to the lower abdominal region where tissue will be removed anyway as well as the sides and flanks for improved contouring.  This fat can then be placed into the buttocks for improved volume and lifted appearance.Best of luck and hope this information helps!- Dr. Roger Tsai

Roger Tsai, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

BBL and Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. If you desire a tighter, flatter abdomen, then a tummy tuck could be appropriate to help achieve your goals. A tummy tuck removes excess fat and skin, and in some cases, can restore weakened or separated muscles. This creates an abdominal profile that is smoother and firmer, often enhancing your body image and confidence. The Brazilian Butt Lift is a procedure designed to transfer fat from one
area of the body, typically the stomach and thighs, hips, knees, and back to the buttock through liposuction.  The procedure is meant to reshape, but also enhances the size of a buttock to better fit the figure and provides a perky appearance to rear end. For those who have lost weight and feel their buttocks lack shape or wish to improve the appearance of their backsides, the Brazilian butt lift procedure is a solution. Typically these two are done in the same procedure. Next step for you is to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and goals. 

If you have any medical issues, it is always better for you to be as healthy as possible prior to elective cosmetic surgery.  Having said that, tummy tuck with liposuction and BBL is a combination I perform several times a week.

Abdominoplasty in conjunction with BBL

What you describe as possible and done on a regular basis. That said there are multiple drawbacks to having these procedures done at the same time. The recovery of an abdominoplasty by itself is brutal. Add at the Brazilian and recovery becomes a serious challenge. It's not possible to lay on your stomach to sleep after an abdominoplasty. This will put pressure on the Brazilian during the recovery phase which is not ideal. Based on your pictures you carry has substantial amount of intra-abdominal fat. Until you lose the intra-abdominal fat you will not have a flat abdomen from an abdominoplasty. While improved results can be achieved from weight loss after an abdominoplasty you would do much better by losing weight first. If you proceed with an of Domino plasty at this point the volume of intra-abdominal fat will push against the muscle tightening and still leave you bulging. I suggest getting several in person consultations to discuss potential results and treatment options. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD