Based on my photos, would I be able to get a breast augmentation without a lift? (Photo)

Based on my photos, would I be able to get a breast augmentation without a lift?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Based on your pictures, and depending on your goal appearance, I believe you would benefit from a breast lift in addition to implant placement.  Only an in-person examination can offer more definitive recommendations, but the lift will allow your own breast tissue and nipple to be placed into a more elevated and youthful position.  See a board certified plastic surgeon who can recommend the right procedure based on your desires.  

Breat Augmentation and Breast Lift

Your shape and sagging actually warrants a breast lift and shaping more than a breast augmentation.  You can do both but your benefits will be very limited without a lift in my opinion.

Breast Lift or not

By looking at your photographs the textbook answer is yea you need a lift.  However, not every patient is text book and everyone visions of a different breast vary.  I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a consultation.

Arthur M. Cambeiro, MD

Breast lift in addition to breast augmentation

Thank you for your inquiry and congrats on making your decision to undergo a BA surgery.

Based on your photos, it seems you would benefit the most if you were to chose to combine a lift to the breast augmentation. I recommend that you get to an in-person consult so you can be able to make a well educated decision after exploring your options.

It is important to mention that the finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.

Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Good luck!!!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Based on my photos, would I be able to get a breast augmentation without a lift

Breast sagging is rated 1-4, with 4 being the worst. I am afraid that you have grade 4 and I believe that an implant alone will not give you the best result. I think a breast augmentation with a lift is a better choice for you.

Julio Garcia, MD

Would I be able to get a breast augmentation without a lift?

It's difficult to tell without examining you in person, however based on your photos it appears that you would benefit from a breast lift. A breast augmentation will place an implant within the natural footprint of your breast and give you increased size. Unfortunately, breast implants do not add a significant amount of lift to the breast. A breast lift will center your nipple on top of the implant and give your breast a more youthful appearance.

Meeting with a plastic surgeon in person will give you a chance to discuss all of your options, and how best to obtain your goals.

Based on my photos, what I be able to get a breast augmentation without a lift?

It is difficult to give you a precise answer and recommendation without the ability to examine your. Based on your photographs however it appears that you would benefit with a breast lift performed in conjunction with an augmentation. Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and experienced in this type of surgery. Good luck.

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a lift with augmentation

As has been stated there is no substitute for an in person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can examine you, assess your tissue, take measurements and listen to what you are trying to achieve. By the 2 images you forwarded, you appear to need a breast lift due to the laxity of your breasts and the lower position of your nipples.

I wish you well.

Dr Edwards

Breast Augmentation and Breast Lift

Thank you for your question and pictures.

It is likely that you will need a breast lift in addition to breast augmentation.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Do I need a lift?

This is an extremely common question for patients who have either had children or lost a lot of weight.  Because your nipple is almost pointing down, it is likely that you would not be completely satisfied with the results from implants alone.  However, there are many factors that go into getting the result you desire.  I would suggest an in person consultation with a plastic surgeon who has plenty of experience.  The best way to judge experience is through a consult and before and after pictures.