Is it possible to achieve round breasts after implants? (Photo)

Long story short — I got 500cc silicone implants that I deeply regret. My breasts aren't round, they're long and droopy. I have one dark scar from my periareolar incision. I wanted them to be round, perky, and huge — I even miss my old boobs! Because now they're saggy and oval. Is it possible for them to become round? What do I need to do in order to look like my dream pic? (I know they're bottomed out but I LOVE that perky look). Did my surgeon screw up and if so, how? And how can it be fixed?

Unhapp

From your photographs, it does appear that your breasts are sitting low on the chest. However, it is possible that you needed a breast lift rather than just an augmentation to achieve the look you'd prefer. Also choosing a higher profile implant will help give you a rounder shape, But you will likely never achieve the look of your goal photographs as that patient has significantly more skin lower on the breast than you.You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through an in-person consultation. Best of luck, Vincent Marin, MD San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Silicone implants, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 350-400ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast Augmentation Revision

Hello, Thanks so much for your inquiry and for your pictures. Sometimes gravity takes its toll, that and taking in consideration that saline implants are heavy. You could get the results you want with a breast lift and a dual pane silicon breast augmentation.  Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation, is it possible to achieve round breasts after implants?

Thank you for your question. Many women have mixed feelings going into breast augmentation surgery. Size is a very individualized decision.   I generally prefer inframammary incisions and a dual plane technique with the implant behind the muscle.  I use gummy bear implants for almost all patients as they are the best performers available.  The final size depends on your individual body and measurements of the breast and chest, as well the desired result you are looking for. The key is to work with a Board Certified plastic surgeon with expertise and experience in breast augmentation to find the right plan for you to help you achieve your desired look. Good luck!

Achieve round breasts

Based on what I see and your desired look it appears you might need a lift to get you that round and perky look.  For more information and recommendations make sure you see some Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in your area that perform a lot of revision breast surgeries and lifts.  Best of luck to you

Milind K. Ambe, MD

The right size for you

It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon.

Redo breasts augmentation

Dear Madam,                                                                                                                                                          Thanks for submitting your pre and post operative pictures and your goal picture. It would have been helpful to have a side view as well. From observing your  pictures, you ptosis worsened. your areolas got larger and the implants are displaced laterally.                                                                                                    I can't relate to your question in regard to "did my surgeon screw up" , because I do not have the information about what transpired after surgery. In any event, the answer to your question " how can it be fixed ?" is easier. Consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of redo breasts augmentation surgery in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking. Also, check the reviews on 'RealSelf' for ratings and positive experience reports.                                                                                                                                      If you were my patient, I would have recommended the followings : medial, superior and inferior capsulotomy (scar release) , lateral capsulorrhaphy (internal bra) and breasts mini lift (donut, Benneli). These maneuvers will give you perky breasts, round with nice cleavage.                                                 Best of luck,                                                                       Dr Widder 

Round fuller breasts after 500 cc disappointment.

Your "ideal" photo shows significant bottoming out that may worsen in time for that particular patient.  It is not a result to aspire to IMHO.Your result reflects your presurgery natural shape and the fact that large implants are not the answer to all problems and in fact have limitations as to what they can achieve.Meet with an ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon or two and discuss mastopexy with change to similar or smaller breast implants.  Going large has the risk of future waviness and rippling and further bottoming out over time.  Reducing skin, narrowing and lifting your areolae and choosing an appropriate sized implant would be your best choice IMO.  Good luck and best wishes. Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast Implant Revisions

Usually, you can expect your breast augmentation surgery to have long-lasting effects, unless implant deflation requires surgical replacement with a new implant, or in your case where you determine that you want the implant removed completely. Nonetheless, the effects of aging and gravity will eventually alter the shape and size and shape of a woman’s breasts over time. As a result, you may later elect to undergo a breast “lifting” to restore the more youthful shape, size, and firmness. There is not necessarily a guarantee that this will determine a completely round shape, but it should be more firm and youthful.

Result

The simple answer to your question is YES and in point of fact should get a better result but it will require a consultation.  So see some experts in your area
Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD