960ccs Over the Muscle Brand; would it be more beneficial to wear wired sports bras or wired regular bras? (Photo)

I had my surgery Wednesday, and I know that I can't wear wire bras yet. But once I am able to, would it be more beneficial to wear wired sports bras or wired regular bras?? Or does it not matter??

Supported Bra

Hello and congratulations on your surgery! I would suggest following up with your surgeon. Your surgeon will be able to offer you specific instructions and recommendations. I wish you the best of luck!

Call your surgeon

Your surgeon will likely have a strong opinion about this and since he/she did the surgeon, I'd take their advice.  As you can see, there are a million opinions...

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Bras after Breast Augmenation

Any bra that supports the inframammary fold sufficiently is ok, wired or not, sports or not. Not using underwire bras after surgery is an unsubstantiated myth that is still being perpetuated. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

960ccs Over the Muscle Brand; would it be more beneficial to wear wired sports bras or wired regular bras?

Congratulations on your recent surgery. A supportive bra is important after breast augmentation surgery. Once you're clear to wear an underwire bra, then you'll be the best judge of what is supportive, and comfortable, for you. You may ask your surgeon if they have any specific recommendations. Congratulations again. 

Type of supportive bra after use of 960cc implant

Thanks for your question. It really doesn't matter if you choose a sports bra or a regular bra. The thing that will be MOST important for you is that it must be very supportive. You have chosen very large implants so it would behoove you to support them against gravity. Good luck in your recovery. 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

Wired bra vs wired sports bra after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. Many of my patients ask similar questions.  In my opinion a wired bra vs a wired sports bra is just fine after an augmentation,  but one is not better than the other. You should pick the one that is more comfortable. This being said, a 960cc is a very large implant and the long term complications down the road are higher with larger implants.  I would suggest using a bra that gives you plenty of support for the longevity of the implants.

More beneficial to wear wired sports bras or wired regular bras?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. I am an advocate for the use of supportive bras after breast augmentation surgery.   In my opinion, the use of the supportive bra may help prevent breast implants from moving into the "paths of least resistance": down or out. Having said that, there is no “standard” when it comes to the use of specific bras or garments after breast surgery. In other words, different plastic surgeons may have different practices when it comes to postoperative dressings/bras.  

In my practice, patients wake up with a surgical bra in place. This surgical bra, although not attractive, is supportive and used for about one month after surgery (some of my patients have been known to burn the bra ASAP). Then, patients transition to a soft sports bra. Wired bras are used when breast implants have reached their “final position” and patients have full sensation along the breast skin. Generally, the longer I have been in practice, the more I appreciate the use of supportive bras for the first several months after breast augmentation and revisionary breast surgery. Best wishes.