7 weeks post and my right is really behind. Should I be concerned ? Any tips? (Photo)

I am 7wks post op from a left benelli lift and areola incisions. I have round silicone implants. My right side had to be released and we used a larger implant on that side (450cc hp) . My right side (left in pic). Should I be worried it's still high? Any specific questions I should ask my Dr? Any suggestions to help me lower it. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Breast Asymmetry

A diagnosis and therefore an answer to your question cannot be made with the information given. It could be due to capsular contracture, asymmetry in skin envelope, or asymmetry in pocket creation. I can tell you with certainty that regardless of the reason, massaging implants has no effect on outcome. 

Breast asymmetry concerns…

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery and massaging the implants downward (and/or the use of pressure band) may assist in the dropping of the implants after surgery (for those patients who want to help with the settling of the implants).  Run these options by your plastic surgeon. 

Generally speaking, the rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.

In cases where significant breast asymmetry persists longer term, the pros/cons associated with revisionary breast surgery should be carefully considered prior to making decisions whether or not to undergo further surgery. 

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

7 weeks post op and right side behind

Thanks for your question. The right implant does look higher for sure. Be patient for now and try two conservative things. First wrap  an ace wrap around the top aspect of your breasts and second push down on that implant with your hands. These may help lower your right implant. If this does not work over the next month, your surgeon may have to go back and lower that implant in the operative room.

Did your surgeon discuss any asymmetries in regards to the level of your breast folds before surgery (for example breast crease was higher on the right)?

Good luck.

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD