I'm 7 weeks post BA, Do I still have to wear my compression band? I slept without it last night (Photo)

Breast Augmentation Will I be a full C or small D? Do I still have to wear compression band? My left boob hurts, and feels different? Will this be my end result?

Pectoral band

Unless a surgeon were recommending something out of line with general post op management, I would not consider countermanding your surgeon's own instructions. Your surgeon is the appropriate target for this question.

All the best. 

Breast Augmentation Post Op Care

Thank you for your questions and photos. Your photos indicate that you have a nice early post-op result. You should follow the instructions of your surgeon in regards to the compression band and other post-op care. In general, the breast implants will still settle more over time and the end result will not be seen for a few more months. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon who is in the best position to advise you. 

David S. Motoki, MD
Draper Plastic Surgeon

Post op insturctions

Thank you for your question.  If your surgeon has advised you to continue to wear compression band, it is best to follow their post operative insturctions to ensure you have the best results possible.  If the band is bothering you or something does not feel quite right with your breasts, you should discuss this with your surgeon and allow them to make a true assessment of how to proceeed.

Best regards,
Dr. Lane F. Smith, MD
Plastic Surgeon
Las Vegas, Nv

Lane Smith, MD

I'm 7 weeks post BA, Do I still have to wear my compression band? I slept without it last night (Photo)Thank you for the questio

Thank you for the question on the photos. It is best to discuss this with your board certified plastic surgeon. For my practice patients water a support bra for 4-8 weeks depends on the individual patient. It has to do with the type of procedure performed. Good luck.

Compressions bands and implants "dropping"

This question is best discussed with your surgeon - he or she knows how aggressively the muscle was released when your pocket was created.  One caveat - you are quite thin with a fairly large implant for your frame - without some muscle support at the bottom of your breast, you are at risk for bottoming out over time. This may have been your surgeon's thinking when dissecting the pocket for your implant.  Nevertheless, your surgeon is the best source for answers to your questions.

Wearing the compression band

Compression bands are typically worn for just a week or two after surgery. There can definitely be situations where the band is helpful beyond this. You should follow your plastic surgeons instructions and certainly feel free to ask them their reasoning behind using the band and what the endpoint might be.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Compression band

I have some patients wear an elastic band across the upper pole of the breasts for 1-2 weeks after surgery but no longer.  Most patients find it somewhat irritating.  If your implants aren't shaped then massage is my next step.  It may help to help the implants settle.  In your case, I doubt you need the compression any longer.  As always, follow your surgeon's advice.  You may still notice subtle changes over the next few months but most of your swelling should be gone now. 

I'm 7 weeks post BA

At 7 weeks it is still early in the healing process after breast augmentation and some asymmetry is normal. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change. Give your body time to heal.  Nothing looks abnormal at this point. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have for his or her evaluation and advice . Good luck! Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

I'm 7 weeks post BA, Do I still have to wear my compression band? I slept without it last night

Hi Lash.  I typically have my patients wear a compression band for 2-3 weeks but each patient's requirement is unique.  Ask your surgeon what she/he recommends for you.  Best wishes.

Jeanette Padgett, MD, FACS
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Do I Still Need to Wear Compression Band after Breast Augmentation?

• After breast augmentation, it is common to have implants that ride a bit high on the chest for awhile.
  • With time, gravity, and the weight of the breast implant on the lower breast skin, your implant position will change some.  It does appear that your implants are still riding high. 
  • The "pec strap" or compression band may help speed this process up by putting some pressure on the top of the implants. 
  • I would discuss with your plastic surgeon whether or not he/she recommends you continue to wear the compression band at 7 weeks. 
  • In answer to your question, what you see now is not your final result.  You won't see your final result for a few more months as your implant settles and the lower portion of your breast skin continues to stretch.  Additionally, even at 7 weeks some women still have occasional breast discomfort. 
  • Try to remain patient!  You should end up with a very nice result. 
  • Thanks for sharing!