It's been 6 months since my breast augmentation surgery. I'm 21 and looking to get a breast revision. Not happy - is it safe?

21 years old 5'4 and 130lbs. i am currently a size D. I got 385cc silicone under and want 460cc. wondering how big would that get me? and is it safe for my age?

Cup size for revision augmentation

Thank you for your question. There is really no way to tell how large of a cup size going from a 385cc to 460cc will make you. I typically tell my patients they need to go up by 100-150cc to really see any noticeable difference in size. This being said, any implant over 460cc is on the larger side and therefore has an increase in long term complications. It also depends on the profile of the implant, the base diameter of your breasts and other factors to know if going larger is a good option. Find a board certified plastic surgeon who can review all the options with you. Good luck.

Revision Breast Augmentation

Hello,No one can tell you what cup size you will be.  There is no reliable formula that equates implant volume to bra cup sizes.  The sooner you stop thinking in cup sizes the better.  The most important way to determine your aesthetic goals is by using sizers in an unpadded bra and seeing yourself in the mirror. You would need to be examined to determine if your aesthetic goal is anatomically feasible. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Revision/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. It depends on your chest wall measurements and existing breast tissue as implant size does not accurately correlate to a bra size.  It also depends on the brand and style of bra you wear as size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Great question. So you could easily upgrade your implants at this point. I can not tell you how big that size will make you simply because I need to see and estimate how much breast tissue you have. Then we need to take some measurements of your breasts to determine the correct profile and size for what you want. I see patients alllllll the time from Las Vegas out here so if you would like to come see me feel free. Otherwise just go back to your surgeon if you like them and discuss going bigger. It might mean going to a different profile but it is safe and possible. 

Richard J. Brown, MD