Used 30% salycilic acid for 1st time. I left it on my face for 5 mins but I didn't see the icing or feel stinging. Did it work?

I used 30% Salycilic Acid for 1st time left 5 min on my face but I didn't see the icing and didn't feel anything. The next day there was no redness like most people experienced. I feel like there was no effect. What is the longest time I can leave it on my face and can I redo the process on the 2nd or 3rd day since it didn't seem to have worked?

Chemical peel at home -- DO NOT PERFORM

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
If you are unsure how to prepare the peel you should not be performing it. This has the potential to really hurt you, and I suggest you only see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.