1 week post liposculpture and I have a weigh in/ body fat measure in 2 weeks! Will I be ready in time? (photo)

I am 1 week post-liposculpture and I know it's pretty early to ask but I'm worried. I had my back, waist, abdomen, hips, inner thighs and fat transfer to my butt worked on. I have a weigh in/ body taping for my job coming up in 2 weeks and I'm very swollen. I'm on naproxen, ibuprofen and arnica tea to help the swelling plus I'm wearing my compression garment. I'm really just freaking out that in 2 weeks I will not be at my weight or body fat that I'm required to be at. What can I do?! Help!!

1 week post liposculpture and I have a weigh in/ body fat measure in 2 weeks! Will I be ready in time?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift….

Allow your body time to heal

At one week after liposuction, your body is healing.  There will be swelling.   The swelling will be reduced in two weeks time.  Trying to force the reduction in swelling by use of medications may affect the healing in a negative way.

Reducing swelling in dramatic fashion

You will decrease swelling by a course of steroids (Medrol Dose Pak). Maxide daily will decrease sodium and decrease swelling. Salt restriction to less than 1500 mg a day is a must. Eat nutritiously but minimally........1000 cal a day possibly. Exercise by lengthy walking. Before starting any of the above check with your surgeon. My Best, Dr C