1 month post breast augmentation, will I need a breast lift? (photos)

I had my breast augmentation a month ago and I have noticed that my nipples are still really low. Will they go up in the next months or will I need a breast lift?

Too soon to tell

At only 1 month it is still early in the healing process after breast augmentation to know what your final result will be. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change along with cleavage.  Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have for his or her evaluation and advice . Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francsico Bay Area

#realself #breastaugmentation #drdeanvistnes

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Needing a Lift

Your implants are just physically too big for you, and your nipples were too low.  This combination has led to your result, actually in a very predictable way. You will need time to heal, but it is likely you'll need smaller implants and a lift.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

1 month post breast augmentation, will I need a breast lift?

Dear lilyanaibarra1,
Your pre-op anatomy was tough because of the wider cleavage and lateral and lower position to your nipples. Your surgeon did a good job of giving you upper fullness and closer cleavage, but this kind of exacerbates the lateral nipple position. If you have smooth implants they will continue to drop and the breast shape will change. I would wait until you are completely healed (8-12 months) before deciding what, if anything, needs to be done.

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

Thank you for your question.  It does appear that you will need a breast lift so your nipple areola complex is centered over the implant. I would recommend waiting at least 6 months after your breast augmentation for your breast implants to settle.  Best of luck.

Arun Rao, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Need a lift

You will need a lift revision of your breast augmentation in order to bring the nipples to the center of your breast implants and mounds. Please see examples of this surgery using link below. Please take advantage of our implant special.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Lift

Thank you for the question and the photos and from them without an examination it would appear you would have benefited from a lift at the time of the augmentation.  Now I would allow your breasts to heal and the implants to drop and then be re-evaluated in 6 months.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Lift

You are still early postop and the implants will drop and the appearance improve. you may need a lift secondarily but I would wait at least 6 months before considering this.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Post op concerns

You should only consider a revision 6-9 months post op to consider a revision. The final shape of your breasts will start to look its best approximately three (3) months after surgery. It takes time for the skin and muscle to stretch and relax around the new implant. The breast will often look higher, firmer, and “less natural” in the first three (3) months. It can take up to a year to see your final result.

Lift?

Thank you for your question & congratulations on your surgery!
You are still early in your recovery. It can take 3 - 6 months for the breasts to soften and settle into position. You can evaluate at that time if a lift is needed. Continue to follow your surgeons instructions and contact him or her with any concerns. Best of luck.

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. It is much too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed. This is best done several months from now.

As the breast implants settle into the pocket, your nipple/areola complexes positioning may change. This  phenomenon is called "dropping and fluffing".

At this point, I would suggest continuing your follow up appointments with your surgeon;  it is likely that time and patience will be your best friends.
Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.