Does the Vampire Facelift work for small eye bags?

Does the Vampire Facelift help with bags?

Thank you for sharing your good question. If the PRP is injected into the tear trough, then it does help hide small bags. The microneedling improves the overall skin quality. 
Good luck,

The Vampire Facelift® doesn't treat eye bags, but a combination of PRP and filler can treat slight eye bags

Thank you for your question. I understand you’d like to know if the Vampire Facelift® will work for small eye bags. This is a very good question and I can certainly give you some guidance.
To give you a little information about my background — I am a Board-certified cosmetic surgeon and a Fellowship-trained oculofacial plastic and reconstructive surgeon, practicing in Manhattan and Long Island for over 20 years. I was trained in ophthalmology, then completed residency training in eye surgery, and then pursued specialization in oculofacial plastic surgery. As such, treating eye bags is something that I do almost every day in my practice of 20 years. I am also a member of the Vampire Facelift® Network of doctors, and occasionally have been an information resource for the media when questions about the procedure arise.
Before we answer this question, is important to first understand what eye bags are and its causes. Eye bags occur when the fat pockets that are normally situated around the eye are pushed forward to the point that they create a bulge. This is often related to genetics. Several years ago, the definitive procedure for eye bags was a surgical procedure, but with the introduction of fillers, we are now able to camouflage under eye bags non-surgically.
The Vampire Facelift®, on the other hand, is a facial rejuvenation procedure that uses a combination of platelet-rich fibrin matrix, or platelet-rich plasma that has been activated, and one syringe of hyaluronic acid filler, with the intention of improving skin quality. Normally, when I treat a patient with slight under eye puffiness, they will often also have other skin-related discrepancies such as discoloration, sun damage, and fine lines. What I do is inject this platelet-rich plasma and hyaluronic acid combination into the tear trough area, in order to improve skin quality and soften the transition between the bulge and the adjacent skin.
In order to determine if you are a candidate for this type of treatment, you will need to meet with a doctor. Many people underestimate the degree of their under eye bags, and statements like “small under eye bags” can be very subjective and difficult to determine without a proper physical examination.
If your eye bags are indeed small enough, you could be a good candidate for hyaluronic acid filler and platelet-rich plasma. However, if you are looking for a solution that involves platelet-rich plasma alone — and this is often misinterpreted as being the same as the Vampire Facelift® — then it is unlikely you will get any benefit because platelet-rich plasma alone will not resolve under eye bags. It will, at best, improve skin quality and texture. Hyaluronic acid filler can be of value as long as the under eye bags are slight. Oftentimes, overzealous placement of hyaluronic acid fillers to camouflage eye bags have led to undesirable outcomes, and I cannot begin to tell you how many patients I have helped who have experienced this because they want to avoid surgery.
For eye bags that are more significant, surgery may be required. In our practice, under eye bag surgery is a very straightforward affair. We perform the procedure under LITE™ IV sedation in our very own Joint Commission-accredited operating facilities within our office. This means that our facilities have met the safety and sterility standards that are expected of hospitals and surgery centers. Being able to perform these procedures in our office makes our patients more comfortable because they are given immediate one-on-one aftercare. When treating eye bags with platelet-rich plasma, I’ll also combine a laser treatment to further improve the appearance of the under eyes.
In sum, an in-person consultation is very important in order to establish if you are a candidate for a non-surgical procedure. In my experience, when someone has receptacle eye bags, they are usually much bigger than can be treated with fillers alone. It is important that good judgment is used when deciding whether to use fillers or not. As a surgeon who also administers injectable fillers, I don’t have a particular bias to any procedure; though I have seen patients visit non-surgeons and still end up with volumes and volumes of fillers underneath their eyes from trying to blend in their eye bags with the rest of the area.
I hope that was helpful and I wish you the best of luck!

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Vampire facelift work for eye bags?

I haven't seen dramatic results from this procedure. It will help rejuvenate the skin and make it look more youthful but as far as improving eye bags, it probably won't. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

We do PRP often in this area but find that fillers, lasers, and microneedling help more if you want to avoid surgery.  Best, Dr. Emer.