How many syringes of Voluma for cheek enhancement? (Photo)

I'm very interested in Voluma for my cheeks to add volume, definition and obtain an ogee curve. However, I'm hesitant because I don't know if it's worth it at 29 and I'm afraid my face will look fat and worse than it does now if I don't maintain the fillers. Can I get by with one syringe to achieve my desired look? Am I better off waiting a few years?

Voluma

Most patients in their 20's will need 1-2 syringes of voluma. It really depends on the patient and what they are looking for. I would seek out a facial plastic surgeon in your area and have a consult first. Good luck

Virginia Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Many Syringes Of Voluma For Cheek Enhancement?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  Voluma is an excellent product for cheek enhancement.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Based on your photo, I would suggest starting with one syringe.  Please keep in mind that you will see your final result in 2-3 weeks.  At that time, you can always add more product, if necessary, to achieve your desired result.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes!  

Voluma

It is difficult to say from looking at your picture if voluma would be appropriate at this time. You would need to consult with an experienced injector to get an opinion. Given your age and what I am able to see from your picture I would guess that it might be appropriate to wait or maybe one syringe would be enough. No you will not look worse once the filler wears off -you would look as you do now.

Jean M Casello, MD
Northborough Physician

Voluma compensates for normal volume loss in face

Hi gj1020.  You look great in this pic! An in person examination is key to determining whether you should proceed. Generally speaking, Voluma can be used at any age and will not make you look worse if you stop using it-you simply go to the point that you would have been had you not been injected.  With aging, our underlying bones and overlying soft tissue (fat, skin, connective tissue, etc) atrophies & ages.  The filler helps to camoflauge the volume loss that is occurring.  The asymmetry between the two sides of our face become more apparent as the soft tissue shrinks & sags, and Voluma is an effective way to compensate for this, support the lower eyelids from looking drawn downward, and lift sagging cheek tissue.  One syringe is a safe way to start but will likely not give you a long lasting improvement.  You can add additional syringes as needed/desired.  A provider with the designation of "expert injector" will have significant experience and can guide you further.  Best wishes!

Voluma and Cheekbones

Based on your photos I would recommend one syringe of Voluma for each cheekbone.  It should give you a subtle but beautiful lift.  Please consult an experienced injector for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Wait on Voluma

To be perfectly honest, you don't need Voluma at this point. Your cheeks are incredibly youthful and I don't think that Voluma will achieve your desired result. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Voluma for volume

Thank you for your question and for sending pictures. If you came to my office wanting voluma, I probably would not treat you. In my opinion it will not achieve the desired look. You are an attractive young women and can certainly wait a few years as I don't believe you need it at this point. Do your homework if you do plan on seeking treatment. Good luck.

Juvederm Voluma for Cheeks

Thanks for your question. I love using Voluma to augment cheeks in patients with loss of volume.  If I am to be honest with you, were you to walk into my office with cheeks like yours at age 29 I would not be treating you.  I don't think adding filler to your cheeks will do very much to enhance their appearance.  Perhaps as you mature and lose more cheek volume it may have a place, but at least for now I would not treat you.  Should you choose to move forward, make sure you consult with an experienced and well trained physician injector who can clearly articulate a vision for you on how your appearance would be improved. Best of luck to you!

Alix J. Charles, MD
Hinsdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Getting Cheeky with Facial fillers (Voluma, Radiesse, Perlane, Bellafill): Sculptra, implants or fat for cheek augmentation

It will depend on what your desired results are.  Cheek augmentation and facial fullness can be achieved with well-placed fillers (Voluma, Radiesse, Perlane, Bellafill): Sculptra, implants or fat. I recommend getting a consultation with a facial contouring expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Cheek augmentation: how many syringes

Cheek augmentation can be performed with facial fillers that are injected to improve the volume, contour, and symmetry of the face.

Juvederm Voluma XC is an excellent product for augmenting the cheeks. With meticulous technique a small volume of filler can enhance your facial contours. I recommend starting conservatively, 1-2 syringes. You can always inject more in the future. Adding filler is more precise than dissolving too much. Safety comes first.  

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon