It that right that the more skinny and petite you are , the more the implant looks bigger on you ?

i am 5.2" and 96 lbs very skinny i am wondering between 275 and 325 cc. When i look at the sizer i am ok with 300 cc but scared ! For a natural effect not too big not too small no breast side or too heavy books, what is the cc number recommended for petite woman?

Breast implants

Implants do add volume, but they of course add volume to breasts which can range from flat to very large.  What size are you now? And, there is no standard measurements for cup size and volume.  As a rule, a cup size is about 200 cc.  This should be a good start.  I recommend you get "fitted" in the exam room with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Thank you for your question. I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns and find an option that fits you best. An in-person assessment is always best. 

Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Bigger implant look on skinny/petite

Thank you for your questions. Yes, bigger implants will likely look bigger on smaller, more petite individuals. Still, it is best to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can in person examine you, take key measurements and go over with you your specific aesthetic goals. You may also bring photos of your "ideal" image with you to your consult. In your consult should be a review and discussion about incision location, implant placement, implant size, type and shape, and recovery period. It is best to see and feel in person the different sizes, shapes and textures of the various implants during a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best of luck.

Benjamin J. Cousins M.D.

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Choosing an implant size for slim, petite patient

Yes, it is true that same size implant will look larger on a petite, very thin patient than it would on someone taller and larger. It would be impossible to say what size I would suggest based only on your height and weight, because there are other factors to consider. The measurements of your breasts and amount of current breast tissue have to be factored in as well. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing your goals. Reviewing photos can be helpful to help describe your desired look, but try not to be too concerned with the cc’s if they are before and after photos. The objective is to make sure your surgeon understands the look you are going for. They will be able to guide you in which implant would give you that look.

Dustin L. Reid, MD

What size implant should you choose?

There are many factors that determine how an implant looks in any particular patient.  This is something your surgeon should be able to explain to you in detail and specific to your anatomy.  In general, the dissection of the pocket, your frame, how much breast tissue you have are all important factors to your outcome.

It that right that the more skinny and petite you are , the more the implant looks bigger on you

Certainly an implant on someone your size will look larger, proportionally, than if it were placed on someone taller and heavier. Having said that the difference between a 300 cc implant and a 325 is not a large enough difference to worry too much about

Julio Garcia, MD

Choosing the Correct Implant Size #breastaugmentation #breastimplants

• You are correct that the same size implant will usually appear larger on a smaller framed woman, such as yourself. 
  • Without a photo, or physical examination, it is not possible to say which size breast implant would be best for you. 
  • We have our patients try on a variety of sizes of actual silicone implants here in our clinic.  We have found this to be very useful for our patients when choosing which size is best. 
  • Additionally, if you don't want much "side boob," then it is best not to use an implant that is larger than your breast width.  Your plastic surgeon will measure your breast width. 
  • Definitely discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon!
  • Thanks for sharing.!

Work with your doctor

Choosing the right size is not always straightforward.  Measurements of your chest wall and current breast base diameter will help determine which size and shape would work best.  We use these measurements, along with having the patient try different sized implants in her bra in our office to help choose the right size. My nurse and I have been working together with patients for many years and also take into account lifestyle, expectations, and other issues in helping patients choose their implants. 
Without examining you, I can't say exactly what implant is right but it sounds like you're in the right range.

Scott Thellman, MD
Lawrence Plastic Surgeon